"A Brake on a f!xie!?... Dumbest thing I ever saw"

This, or something similar, is what was shouted at my buddy as were riding through the Inner Harbor tonight by another fixed gear rider LOL. I’m riding a brakeless track setup. My buddy is riding a basically stock Surly steamroller with the stock front brake. Were riding fairly casually slow, maybe 16-18 mph tops… just cruising over to see some friends at a bar, and this guy comes rolling up behind us on a fixed gear bike, shouts that and just keeps rolling. Looked like a messenger. He pulled off to the right and stopped like 100 yards up. We pulled off up the same way he did, rode past him stopped with no comment and that was it. I didnt know him I dont think haha.

Weird? I dont think I’ve ever witnessed or been a victim of fixism. Just had to share haha…

Everyone looks like an messenger

Use of the word fix-ie automatically make his comment null and void.

I couldnt think of a clever way to say something about the use of the word fix!e… I guess my friend got served haha

I bet that’s the same kind of guy who only doesn’t own any other kind of bikes.

I was at a show once on my cannondale and some kids out front with tarck bikes, were like “that’s not a fixie!”

Well, NO SHIT! And why the fuck WOULD it be? Dipshits.

HOW CAN SOMEONE SORT OF HIP LOOKING RIDE A BIKE THAT’S NOT A FIXAY?!? I JUST DON’T GET IT

I MEAN SHIT HE’S NOT ALL OLD A FAT AND HE HAS ONE OF THOSE FUNNY CAPS WHY ISN’T HE ON A FIXY I DON’T GET IT IS HE A NERD OR SOMETHING

i’m converting my party fowl to a single speed.

the w was intentional. my bike is a duck with a pointy hat.

my comment is drunkenly written.

[quote=“conor”]i’m converting my party fowl to a single speed.

the w was intentional. my bike is a duck with a pointy hat.

my comment is drunkenly written.[/quote]
Make sure no brakes.

in chat tonight I mentioned that girl I want to break up with

the other night while riding (she rides a POS road bike) she said she cant wait to get a ‘fix!e’. I almost broke it off right then.

petition to rename this thread “dumb shit people yelled at you today” to make it general purpose to post dumb shit people yelled at you recently.

^This.

Also, messengers don’t say fixie.

He was pretty self righteous, holyer than thou - esque. Maybe he stopped to check our bikes out and we TOTALLY dissed him by ignoring him. Hmm… probably not.

dudez. in boston, 50% of everyone calls them fixies. even the people who aren’t lame.

I call 'em that.

maybe it was big bris.

fixed

stopping is for losers; fuck fixed.

Well as a fellow baltimoron, the like messengers hang out more like up past the legg mason building, so my guess is that it was more like just some fixed gear dude, we have more and more everyday it seems here.

What kind of bike was he riding? Hed 3 and a chub hub?