"A Brake on a f!xie!?... Dumbest thing I ever saw"

[quote=“MASTODON”]Well as a fellow baltimoron, the like messengers hang out more like up past the legg mason building, so my guess is that it was more like just some fixed gear dude, we have more and more everyday it seems here.

What kind of bike was he riding? Hed 3 and a chub hub?[/quote]

Haha nah. I didnt really pay attention. Looked fixed, steel, spoked wheelset… nothing out of the ordinary. I hear the comment from behind us, see him ride around, glance at his bike and just sorts thought “Huh? Did that just happen? LOL”. I’ve ridden up through downtown past the guys lounging outside the buildings up Charles St. Never had anything said to me… and I look like a circus bear on a track bike. We were only like 4 blocks from the Legg Mason building down on Pratt heading to Fells to go to Fletchers downstairs cause the bartender is my friend (fellow track bike rider and long time skateboarder) and they play “Always Sunny” episodes a lot. I wasnt meaning to make a big deal out of it but I was up late and had to share haha.

[quote=“Tbirdbassist”]It took me like 3 hours to get through Mash.

And I just assed myself because I realized I’ve referred to other peoples bikes as fixay’s in the condescending way. Mainly the people who try to race you and the office folk who book it up the Williamsburg Bridge only to lose all steam halfway up the ramp. Like, who is in that much of a rush to get home, I see so many almost accidents on that bridge because of impatient fucktards it’s ridiculous.

“OMG I HAVE TO SERIOUSLY GET INSIDE MY HOUSE LIKE NOW AFTER BEING INSIDE ALL DAY GTFO OF MY WAY!!!”.

Whenever I stop doing this and find myself inside most of the time I’m going to make the best of my commute and enjoy it.[/quote]
conquer the hill. haha.

it took me a while to finish mash too. after a while i just muted it and listened to my own music while i watched it

someone yelled “nice buttcrack bike” at one of my friends when we were riding the other day. i’m pretty sure neither of our buttcracks were showing, and i think maybe he meant because you bend over on roadbikes in general? i don’t know. it confused me.

living in downtown, ass backwards, motor sports heaven Indianapolis I get hassled almost every day by morons in cars, but never by anyone on a bike.

and to the party foul conversation- my dad loves the word fix!e and insists on using it as much as he can.

my dad called them “fixed wheel bikes” and will not call them anything else

i get yelled at from cars but usually they are going too fast for me to hear what they say

my friends all call them fixed gear and fixie, they dont care what people say though, i tried showing them the forums and they called me an idiot. lol Most people around here dont care what they are called i guess.

I got honked at and cut off by some guy in a black pick up truck, I yelled at him and gave him the bird.
He pulled over and got out of his car and it was a cop.

I fucking hate north texas sometimes

I’m not normally the police hater guy, but you probably should have grabbed his badge number. At least his plates or something.

People in north texas believe bikes belong on sidewalks when in reality its against the law to ride them on sidewalks down here unless the wheels are under 20".

And if he’s a cop, he should know that.

should

but probably doesn’t

speaking of…
lol.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=474052[/quote]

That thread was epic, I need to read bikeforums more often. Also, did sixty fiver really become a messenger?

[quote=“J-lo”]I got honked at and cut off by some guy in a black pick up truck, I yelled at him and gave him the bird.

I fucking hate north texas sometimes[/quote]
I freaked out last week because some car was going aggro on me and I of course flipped them off and weaved through traffic just to piss them off some more. Then as she came up on my ass she looked like my judge who sentenced me to probation for reckless on a bicycle. I took off through an alley and gave a nice wave goodbye. I’m hoping if it was my judge she wont recognize me when i have to show up again on december 15th.

He’s probably referring to gas tax. A lot of it probably goes towards maintaining roads.

I tried to flip someone off yesterday wearing my mittens.

FUCK.

I’ve done that before. It’s even more frustrating when you realize that it just looked like you were waving.

I try to catch up to them so I can tell them that no in fact I was no waving. But I never do. I’m slowed down by my mittens.

[quote=“J-lo”]I got honked at and cut off by some guy in a black pick up truck, I yelled at him and gave him the bird.

I fucking hate north texas sometimes[/quote]
He only stopped because you’re a ginger and he knew your ass would be super easy to kick.

I learned “Close the gap!” from one of my coworkers. It’s perfect for when we’re riding home from work and some fixed gear dude or roadie comes zipping down the MUP at 30mph. “CLOSE THE GAP, KILLER! CLOOOOSE THE GAP!”

I’m also partial to “Get a derailer!”

as I said earlier, close the gap is easily the best. It lets them know you are a cyclist and still disapprove.