A safe space to complain about jackass humans

Not sure any city in the USA is that much better but between the basal aggression level of drivers here and the amount of stress and steam I need to blow off at any given time, it does feel like I’m going to get in a fist fight with some other middle aged white guy before I get out of here

3 Likes

Just wait till you have a newborn and are running on three hours of sleep. The gloves are coming off!

4 Likes

I followed up with another message saying the first one was too passive aggressive and invited him to pizza because I was on my 2nd beer by then

…and he wrote back and might have apologized? And wanted pizza? Honestly not sure how I feel about all of that lol

16 Likes

Sounds like you might have a new neighborhood buddy

8 Likes

From attempted vehicular homicide to block bros: The Shart & Driver Story.

16 Likes

Deleting posts because I feel like I am becoming a crazy person but rest assured to everyone that I am probably the jackass today lol

7 Likes

oh man i got into it with a forced birther on nextdoor during my state’s most recent vote on abortion restrictions and he sent me a DM and called me a scooter-riding f-word and that he hopes i get monkeypox. so i took screen shots of the convo and posted them on the thread, he accused me of making the DM with photoshop, blocked me and then i got banned from nextdoor for a few days and then had to agree that posting DMs is against their rules and if i do it again im banned forever.

nextdoor is wild.

13 Likes

Nextdoor for my area is like 60% “hey I found these keys!”, 20% free/for sale stuff, 15% “did anyone else hear that noise?” And 5% racist bullshit that you would expect of the internet. Could be way worse. I was pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

I joined Nextdoor once, the first post I saw was “Black man walking in neighborhood!” and I deleted my account.

6 Likes

That’s what I was expecting but it don’t be that way!

There’s a fuggin huge one wheel festival going on here. I’m trying to be objective coz they do look sorta fun, but I had a dude on one nearly shoulder check me on a single track trail…head on full steam. And there’s a video of one of them knocking a kid off his bike on the motherfucking Greenway. Fuck.

I would not have kept my cool like that dad.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t avoid you buddy”

Slow down you stupid asshole

2 Likes

That was pretty much my convo with the one I ran across. “Sorry I didn’t see you dude”

also don’t ride your stupid difficult to control machine around unwilling participants

I hate those one wheeler people so fucking much

1 Like

Bentonville being what Bentonville is I’m sure there are some MTB tourists getting their vacations wrecked this weekend.

Those are bad but the monowheel jackoffs are worse.

These things?

One and the same as far as I care. Tech bros with bluetooth speakers “hacking” their commute on a $2000 toy jerking themselves off thinking they’re on the cutting edge of future transportation.

4 Likes

cyberclowns!

4 Likes

Those are worse. At least the onewheel things appeal to elderly skaters and I see them used in the street. The monowheel nerds are 100% terrible.