AB's "Not Sure" & "Average" & "huh?" thread

What the hell is gravgrav? I’ve seen some bike pubes Instagrams about it and I can’t figure out of they aren’t funny because I don’t get the joke or if they’re just not funny.

Ehhh.

gravity
like downhilling
trust me

It’s a dig on gravel bros. Who are quickly becoming a very real sub-culture. From my understanding roadies found a slightly less competitive group of cyclists to race against. Source: I know roadie gravelbros and I always dfl local gravel races. I don’t compete in any road races.

Ah. Knowing that, I guess the bike pubes jokes just aren’t very funny.

My affinity for gravel rides is because public roads are hell and crashing in a race sucks.

lol.

Going to yolo one. Maybe some of bmx bars.

Looks like you could lose the entire sternum puncher with the right height bmx bars

Looks like you could lose the entire sternum puncher with the right height bmx bars[/quote]
Well, how did I get here?

It looks like Pubes is taking the piss on the Dirty Kanza. I don’t hide my disdain for the PDX CX scene, but I find it infinitely more annoying than the gravel scene. We even have an underground CX racing scene being held during the summer, now. It’s like messbros got knobbies, gears, and day jobs.

This is my primary motivator for getting on gravel.

see also: the fixed gear crit circuit.

racing ruins everything

Still doing sundeal chat, I hate reddit but this thread had some decent tire chat, so I ended up snagging a pair of maxxis holy rollers, stock tires suck ass. Still trying to figure out the best way to carry shit on it, tempted to put a second stem+flat bars slammed at the bottom of the steerertube, and attach something to that.
This rack attached to the headtube would be cheap and easy, but can’t find anyone selling it in the US.

gravgrav comes from powpow which comes from brown powpow which is a term ive heard endurbros use for hero dirt. but yeah, none of it is funny.

plus why everything gotta be a dig. i post shit like “pee poop time atacs” and yall like “so true, salsa makin too much money”

Show me 20” tubeless rims please. Actually interested.

[quote=johnasavoia]Still doing sundeal chat, I hate reddit but this thread had some decent tire chat, so I ended up snagging a pair of maxxis holy rollers, stock tires suck ass. Still trying to figure out the best way to carry shit on it, tempted to put a second stem+flat bars slammed at the bottom of the steerertube, and attach something to that.
This rack attached to the headtube would be cheap and easy, but can’t find anyone selling it in the US.[/quote]

Oh man that rack would be pretty great.

I’ve been looking at small front racks with crown mounts and adjustable lowers like the radlawn or the nitto mark’s rack, but both of those are spendy. Thought I had a pretty brilliant idea of using a blackburn local basket up front with the mounting bits turned so they’re facing down to get it lower. But then I saw that thing weighs many pounds.

Also thinking of a Soma demi with p-clamps on the fork.

Show me 20” tubeless rims please. Actually interested.[/quote]
https://www.nextie.net/bmx-20-inch-406-NXT406BMX32
edit
http://www.alienationbmx.com/portfolio/tcs-mischief-rim
http://www.alienationbmx.com/portfolio/malice

cmon man lmgtfy

If any of you motherfuckers but $165 carbon rims for your 20" mini bike…

you will applaud