AB's "Not Sure" & "Average" & "huh?" thread

I was thinking of trying the same thing with the Blackburn. I was also looking at the specialized pizza rack. If the vertical height is tall enough I think the mounts could attach to the dropout eyelet and still clear the top of the tire.

Mostly though I’m thinking about the dual stem thing (or bmx bars) with a Wald 1392 attached low on the steerer, or a 198 to flat bars. I’m trying to cap my additional investment in parts to the cost of the original purchase (ha).

These are the ultra-supple grippy tires:

I was thinking of trying the same thing with the Blackburn. I was also looking at the specialized pizza rack. If the vertical height is tall enough I think the mounts could attach to the dropout eyelet and still clear the top of the tire.

Mostly though I’m thinking about the dual stem thing (or bmx bars) with a Wald 1392 attached low on the steerer, or a 198 to flat bars. I’m trying to cap my additional investment in parts to the cost of the original purchase (ha).[/quote]

Had that exact same thought about the pizza rack as well, but haven’t ever gotten around to doing any measurements.

The last cheap bike I bought ended up costing me another 7x of the purchase price in dithering and accessories. And that only counts what’s on the bike now. Don’t really want to drop a bong on the sundeal. Would be cheaper to give it away and buy a top of the line Katu and be done with it. Well, as done as is possible, anyway.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]

[/quote]

Came to post those. Maybe even mounted on their own on a separate lower stem down against the headset?

FYI most racks that would typically mount to lowrider bosses on a normal fork should work great on the sundeal.
I did a bunch of looking for 20" wheeled front racks for my Mercier Nano, and actually most lowrider-boss racks end up sitting taller over the tire than I prefer(but I was being picky). The Sundeal’s a-c is a bit taller than my nano, so the fit should be quite nice.

Axiom used to make a mini front rack but I can’t find it now.

https://www.racktime.com/en/racktime-products/system-carriers/racktime-product/topit/

it’s a terrible fit for lowrider bosses on normal bikes, but it’s the perfect height for dropout eyelets on a 20" wheel

I remember testing that Racktime thing on my first Vaya, and the handling was downright scary. Like Fred says, should be perfect for a tiny wheel.

Ordered this and seatpost that is setback and longer. Should be good to go. Basket fits my usual padded bag to buy beer at brewery by me. Not replacing anything else anytime soon. I considered these two things necessary for local riding.

I have that Toba Brooklyn, which is cheap from Hawley

it weighs almost 4lb by itself, but it’s the only barsket I’ve found that doesn’t suck at everything else too

Yeah, Hawley order

I’ll carbon paste up the stem/bar for good measure.

why not just use two stems on it? looks like it’ll do 31.8 up top and 24.4 down low.

If I have two sitting around that are the both long enough and keep the basket angled right that would work too. I’m not going to buy stems for that purpose unless it’s an issue.

[thumbsup]

im late

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]im late

[/quote]

Pretty sure I’ll upgrade the dangler on my EP with one of those.

Consider me nonplussed.

A bird told me that shimano is dropping 1x12 this friday.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]im late

[/quote]

How soon can we get our grubby hands on these?