All things NuMTB thread, now lower longer and slacker

I have two sets of snow shoes if anyone wants to buy them

tell me more

Also maybe interested in snow shoes.

Hey are we still talking about @BEEutiful_Wednesday_DDS s snowshoes?

Yeah, if they could fit/support 170lb dude, I could be interested, too. Would help with Gunnar, that way he gets more tired than I do trudging through the snow.

here i make a thread. would definitely hold a 170 pound dude

anyone sent anything to fox for service in recent months?

i emailed them to get a return number for my transfer post as its showing some wear after its 3 years. they sent me back a service appointment time slot (jan 28th). sent it in a few days early. they checked it in and said id get a call within 24 hours. they never called. another week went by, still no call. now today. wtf, fox. last week i emailed and tried calling twice and got no response to the email or voicemails i left. you cant stay on hold longer than 6 minutes, at that point it forces you to leave a message.

i’m just hella annoyed as i shipped in January 21st thinking like id be without it for 2 weeks or so and the two weeks went by and i still haven’t even heard from them to pay for the work so they can start the service.

Pandemic fox sucks, heard similar things happening last year and 2020

Yeah. Service times seem to fluctuate quite a bit and without much warning.

Damn. Yeah I haven’t sent anything in for a few years and they were super prompt then.

I just took my 36 and X2 into Traction Works. They’re running about a week turnaround time, if anyone is interested,

dirt labs quoted my coworker $170 to service a fox transfer, so that is why i opted to send it to fox. $170 for a seatpost is just absurd.

xpost

But enjoying his frameworks stuff so far, too. I bet his brother gets real good by the end of putting together the whole bit.
He did a pretty amazing job last year with the Downhill Southeast recaps. They handed out GoPros to some kids and other volunteers and he edited together a pretty decent recap of the top 10 or so men and women.

Double :heart: for TVOTR “Wolf Like Me”

We sent a shock in recently and it was back in the mail within 24 hours of them receiving it. They forgot a few things but it was at least prompt.

1 Like

That was my experience 5 months ago. Real quick turn around.
So, I guess Braden is right about it being hit or miss, but I haven’t heard this much of a miss lately. Sorry.

I don’t know about their west coast center, but last I looked the current backlog at the east coast one in NC is 6 weeks. Last yeah this delay didn’t hit until spring.

Hopefully this will settle down

Finally got to ride my new bike!

I love it! It is exactly what I wanted… Still a scout, a snappy, playful trail bike… but just a little more send/guh guh guh through the rough and steep stuff.

I notice…
The front end, even though it is the same fork/wheel/tire feels plusher and more stable.

The longer reach makes me stand up taller more naturally, so instead of reminding myself over and over to stand up, I was just doing it. It also feels V normal and comfortable to be farther forward on it… I had zero need to adjust my descending style to get into a good spot.

I only really notice it’s length on faster turns… and then only if I am not pre-leaning… It just tracks so smoothly that it doesnt really want to change its line once I am in it… so it is just re-inforcing good descending anyway.

OMG also going from 5 year old 2 pot guide Rs to 4 pot Hayes Dominions was incredible… SO much more control that I didnt even know I knew how to use and actual real late/hard breaking.

I think I am going to be Much faster and more confident on this bike.

10 Likes

Mmmmmm, I’ve been thinking about getting better brakes lately…

2 Likes

DOOOOO IIIIITTT

tarck can u recommend me a new mtb? the trance is good but i want more travel and maybe bigger wheels or a mullet

160 up front

what should i buy???