All things NuMTB thread, now lower longer and slacker

Ordered a jade x coil direct from Ibis at blowout pricing
Now looking at a cascade link
Dvo tuning is Hella fun, I gotta adjust the OTT but it’s easier to futz with than my lyric

3 Likes

My grom almost fits on mom’s old Rumor, I think a shorter stem might do it. It’s between this or buying him a small Rockhopper 27.5, but he’d outgrow that quickly and we already got this.

11 Likes

Brother is considering stumpy alloy for nephew riding on the high school team in Reno. Is big S rear bounce worth the the rockshoxx35 ? Does anyone have other suggestions

The Motion Control damper on the 35 is so-so. If the nephew doesn’t weigh very much, it might be fine.

Also check out @Jacobell 's Marin Rift Zone.

6 Likes

After a couple of rides with the head tube angle set to steep I moved it back to the middle position, slacker is more better. This wet weather loop was frikin greasy today.

4 Likes

I suppose it was inevitable. Maybe they’ll get better media coverage now?

2 Likes

I’m interested to see what better media coverage looks like for Enduro. It seems like a sports that’s almost impossible to cover in an engaging way.

I’m sure the UCI will manage to fuck it up
however now that I watch Nordic ski races I can say that FIS is much much stupider than the UCI

For DH the semi and the finals are same day. Full day of watching DH, I guess. They do promise the finals are full runs for top 20 men and 10 women. And the juniors are broadcast day before, which is good for them, obvs.

Take me to church

1 Like

instagram has been trying to sell me a very reasonably priced ripmo af frame set for a while and if i was actually in the market they might have succeeded by now

also that psalm bike looks cool but please, there is nothing M about that singular M/L frame size they offer adjustable reach or no

i’m on the short end of their suggested size range and i’m not fucking with a 480mm reach regardless of the seat angle or chainstay length

are machined 7075 glued clamshell frames a fundamentally bad idea?

or was being made by Finnish Elon Musk most of the problem?

2 Likes

Are you still in Philly? Peeping those VA plates on the car

yeah still in philly, plates are just from partner’s homeland

1 Like

Tru headz kno about slack head tubes from the start.

4 Likes

Anyone have thoughts on negative rise stems?

On my hardtail I recently switched from -6° to -17° which dropped my handlebars about 15mm, this change felt pretty good but I think I’m still a little too high and thinking of going -25°/-35° which would drop the handlebars another 12mm/24mm. The issue I’m trying to solve is my lower back is destroyed after a couple hours of racing. I can race the same course with drop bars way lower and not have a problem so my conclusion is too high (and maybe too close but I can’t really solve that).

I had that exact -25 x 90 on my Honzo when I had the fork at 150. There’s also the Syntace and FSA slamstems to consider (plus alizon clones). PVD jotted down a bunch of stuff recently:

Need to do a rebuild on the sidxx on my good mtn bike. Is it worth sending out? Should I just bumble through diying it? Are there upgrades for the internals I should look at? Anyone on here a suspension pro that I should just send it to with a stack of cash? Sticking with the frame with 1 1/8” so not upgrade time

1 Like

I have heard the local shop here is amazing with suspension and you can send it to them with a stack of cash. easier than dropping it off somewhere maybe

1 Like