All things NuMTB thread, now lower longer and slacker

I had similar thoughts about the Sight re: fit before I put it together. The lower headtube I didn’t even really notice and I’m grateful to be able to run a longer dropper. STL might also be a lower delta if the Norco has a steeper STA than your sentinel. Have you played with the ride aligned calculator at all?

luuuuv the occam. i haven’t ridden the newest Hightower but compared to the v2 Hightower the occam was a bit more nimble and just generally more fun for me and my (admittedly low) limits. the new occam LT looks interesting, though I haven’t gotten on that at all.

I have friends on the SCOR 4060 ST and they like it quite a bit too. a little more engaging and more lively than the Hightower, and both the occam and the SCOR were better at finding traction on climbs than the santa cruz. no experience on the norcos or the ripmo tho

1 Like

Oh I actually read this wrong while over the weekend. Sounds like the Optic is more up my alley then! I’m keeping and riding the Transition so a bigger difference in travel is great.

2 Likes

Based on this visual, I think the norco medium would feel cramped. Given i’d have over 200mm of seat post, the shorter distance between the saddle and bars will just get smaller on the way up.
the large is much closer, but just no sure i need/want to go slightly longer in reach and wheel base given i wouldn’t mind a touch more nimble bike.

Which bikes are which in your diagram?

The Norco is the tiny one? In the darker color

And the light bike is your medium sentinel?

Sentinel is a large. The large Norco is 10mm longer reach than my current bike, which is why i was looking at the medium as i don’t want to go longer.

1 Like

Someone give me a reason not to get an Ibis Ripley AF with Fox Performance and Shimano stuff?

The Radishfist didn’t think it climbed very well. Compared to what, I don’t know. The Optic has an even longer wheelbase.

Pinkbike Mike loved how it climbed, though.

So close yet out of reach because they charge $360 to ship to the USA and duty would be another ~$300. Ends up being only slightly cheaper than this year’s model here.

1 Like

I’m gonna end up with a Marino

3 Likes

I have an optic you can ride if you want to come to Rochester

I think I’m sold on the Ripley AF if my friend can brodeal me one of last year’s models. The Norcos rock but buying a smaller version of the bike I already have is silly.

Spent a few hours off and on looking pinkbike classifieds today. Nothing too exciting and I looked at a lot of models. Turns out they’re all just bikes.

1 Like

Ibis is a good choice

1 Like

build this up as 120mm front and rear

@Dickason_Daniel

1 Like

Ah interesting idea. I’m torn between getting a deal on a complete and dithering for months piecing one together

I have one of those carbon FM 936s here in a small that wouldn’t help you decide at all. And a 2020 Norco Fluid FS in a XL that rides great, if you want to ride one of those. You’re looking for downcountry/shorter travel? I guess Ripley AF or the carbon Norco would be near the top for me. I want a little more travel on my next one.

my Carbon Norco with the XTR build was still over 30lb stock

so while it’s poppier and peppier it doesn’t fully contrast with his 160mm enduro bike

1 Like