American Framebuilders

they’re pretty damn good.
let’s talk about them.

Colin Laing, made in Arizona

Tanaka, made in Sacramanto (now builds under the “Innerlight” brand name)

steve fuckin garro

i have a little crossover between working at my job and when teaching/school will cover my bills.
will have a couple grand that i could potentially dump into a bike-of-a-lifetime.
i know what i want.
basically something like this.

but not that
more like this

but really, even more like this

advise me please, because this will be it.

Spencer Wright of Traffic Cycle Design:

He also built the Chupacabra, which I got to see firsthand earlier this summer. Truly a beastly feat of engineering.

hfy el chupacabra.

also hfy truck bro’s davidson.

there are so many badass american builders.

weigle
sachs
nobillette
eisentraut
merz
della santa
yamaguchi (he’s US now…)
goodrich
zancanato
kirk
bruce gordon
davidson
hampsten
kvale
wages
sacha white

Gonna throw in a shout for Rick Hunter, cause good and cause I’m getting one built for me.

zinn. he is good.

davidson.

also:
paul sadoff of rock lobster

Throwin out Steve Rex cause Sacramento x sweet bikes collabo.

TAF

Krik baby Kirk

[quote=darklordoflove]Gonna throw in a shout for Rick Hunter, cause good and cause I’m getting one built for me.

[/quote]
Oh fuck yeah. When I was in Santa Cruz, man, I’d see like five of those on a summer Saturday afternoon on the trails.

Those and Rock Lobsters:

And this one even planes:

[quote=mr. trout]i have a little crossover between working at my job and when teaching/school will cover my bills.
will have a couple grand that i could potentially dump into a bike-of-a-lifetime.
i know what i want.
basically something like this.

[/quote]

dream bike status.

came in here to poast rick hunter.

beat me to it, excellent bikes and a super nice guy.

Shortlist:
Kirk
Davidson
Sacha White
Hampsten
Zank

i dig this geekhouse:

When I visited Seattle I happened to walk into a bike shop that had badass bikes in there so I asked if I could take pics…Bill Davidson came out from the side/work room and talked to me for over 30 minutes about his visit to Japan. Rad guy. One day I would like to have a bike built by him.

bilenky

also, Peter Mooney is no forum ho, but he been doin it as long as anyone, and his bikes are smokin’

yeah bill used to import those takahashi lugs i think they were.
bill also doesn’t have a crazy long wait list coz there are a few people in the shop instead of just a single dude building frames.
his paint is way way better than i expected.

[quote=cookietruck]yeah bill used to import those takahashi lugs i think they were.
bill also doesn’t have a crazy long wait list coz there are a few people in the shop instead of just a single dude building frames.
his paint is way way better than i expected.[/quote]

I think it was Matsushita (now Panasonic) lugs. He was going off about them! How you can’t build with Long Shen’s like you did with those, etc etc. Man…I was just awestruck at how he was passionately talking to some random tourist like me of his tales in Japan.