Anyone waiting on a bareknuckle?

likewise man.
couldnt be happier with mine, I think it’s probably my favorite frame ever, though I want to build up an NJS frame just to see what its like.

Good point, a Mercian Super Vigorelli is looking nice now at ~835$. :colbert:

likewise man.
couldnt be happier with mine, I think it’s probably my favorite frame ever, though I want to build up an NJS frame just to see what its like.[/quote]

Ridden a BK and owned 2 keirin frames. Feel exactly the same= probably because the makino and bridgestone had almost the exact same geo as the BK I rode… :colbert:

Keirin frames look prettier though, BK I wouldn’t mind giving some tough(er) love.

Come to think of it, at $735, a buyer could buy practically any gently-used keirin bike in all but the largest sizes, and which will be lugged (which matters to a lot of people, I think) and almost undoubtedly made from better tubing.

Good point, a Mercian Super Vigorelli is looking nice now at ~835$. :colbert:[/quote]

plus shipping no?
isnt mercian out of europe somewhere?

Screw it… just bought a bikeisland chromo for 199$… in orange… yea… orange. I’ll swap it out with a nice custom frame in a few months or next year.

And yes the Mercian would require another 100$ or so in shipping/insurance/VAT.

thank you for saying this. I think I’m going to do the exact same thing.

FWIW, the Deda tubing used in the BK is little more than basic butted 4130 steel. The Kilo is going to stretch your money a lot further.

i got a complete bareknuckle, with king headset, formula/deep-vs, fsa carbon crankset, selle flite titanium, and thompson post for 800.

best deal ever.

I hear people say this a lot, but mine is WAY light and quite stiff compared to kilo’s and the build isnt really anything to write home about as far as weight savings.

Edit: I should mention that you are undoubtedly right that a kilo frame will stretch the dollars, but I got my bareknuckle for like, 350 plus shipping when all was said and done and I got a headset, seatpost and saddle with it.

[quote=“thanks”]i got a complete bareknuckle, with king headset, formula/deep-vs, fsa carbon crankset, selle flite titanium, and thompson post for 800.

best deal ever.[/quote]

That is awesome. You’re lucky.

i owned a kilo before i got the bk and the difference is HUGE. im not sure how much of it is the better components i got, but the wheelset stayed the same. the bike just jumps up hills, it’s ridiculous.

Dear Jordan,

Thank you for your further message. I’m sorry for the delay of our Bare Knuckle frames, it was really out of our control. Our frame builder kept pushing back the delivery times, it was frustrating to say the least. The frames are now here and we are processing orders daily. It’s impossible for me to say exactly when your store will have your frame, we are currently processing more than 200 back orders. Your frame will be shipped in early June, thank you for your patience.

Very best regards,

Dave Lundegard / Euro-Asia Imports

lols… my bikeisland frame arrived today. Just couldn’t hold on for those last two weeks.

im glad i bought one when i did. i dont know if i would have bought one with the recent price jump.

i love mine.

damnn i really wanna get a bk… i’ve been saying i was going to upgrade my fuji track to the bk after a while, but with this price jump i think i wanna get something else, but i want a nice tight n stiff frame like the bk, is there anything else i could get as a substitute u think?

I bet you could pay just a little bit more than 735 for a custom steel frame. Maybe…

read: bob jackson

http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/produ ... cts_id=307

not full custom, but close, lugged and like 700 skins.
you can pick your color.
5-7 days.

lolz did these ever come in? I see thebikebiz still has them to arrive in early May and SpeedGoat dropped them entirely. Amazing how WalMart and Dell can do just-in-time deliveries using the trucks on the road as their warehouse but EAI has been off by about 6 months on this.

I’m still waiting for mine from thebikebiz.