asploded bike parts thread

I got an ELEMNT Bolt for Xmas.

Finally mounted it today, went outside, turned it on, hit “Start” button (middle)…display shits the bed.

Did it make a womp, womp noise?
That really sucks, I had heard good things about them.

Yup, it sounded (and felt) like the display cracked. Pressure on any of the buttons causes some patterns on the display.

Maybe something internally wasn’t 100% aligned or supported and the pressure put undue stress on the display?

I got a guy up in Ashland that can fix that on the cheap and add more bosses, boss.

The bike… not the electronic doodad.

Cycles Ed? If that’s the guy, I’ve been talking to him about getting my Broakland’s headtube chopped down, but there’s never a good day for me to get up there and hang out in a coffee shop while he cuts and faces.

I already rivnutted the Saila, it seems as if its working, but it’s possible that there wasn’t enough material for one of the rivets to grab. If this setups starts to work loose, i’ll need new bosses put in.

If I’m going to do anything as ambitious as drill holes in my frame to put in rivnut bag attachment points, it’s going to be at least a couple months down the line, and only if I’ve already built the bag for them.

wheel snek

All looking like a Bib Mousse and whatnot.

Why is there a tube in that mountain bike tire

To be easily repairable after a megaburp?
Perhaps this has already happened once and this was the fix.

I mean, the tires look to be the non-tubeless variety, and it looks like a bike maybe from the pre-tubeless-everything era. I was just being a smartass.

[quote=iwillbe]Cycles Ed? If that’s the guy, I’ve been talking to him about getting my Broakland’s headtube chopped down, but there’s never a good day for me to get up there and hang out in a coffee shop while he cuts and faces.

I already rivnutted the Saila, it seems as if its working, but it’s possible that there wasn’t enough material for one of the rivets to grab. If this setups starts to work loose, i’ll need new bosses put in.

If I’m going to do anything as ambitious as drill holes in my frame to put in rivnut bag attachment points, it’s going to be at least a couple months down the line, and only if I’ve already built the bag for them.[/quote]

He’s the dude.

If you’re not in a hurry drop the broakland by Outpost. I don’t have any projects for him right now. But he comes into town frequently and we’re on the way to the powdercoater for him.

I disassembled the Broakland last …May? so yeah, not in a hurry at all. I’ll try to bring it by next week. I’ve talked to him about doing the job, and will toss him a note reminding him of what I want to get done.

I was just being a smartass too! ILU tarck!

Melbourne bro just had his warranty-replacement Wolverine crack in the same place.

Not supposed to do that #somawolverine

A post shared by Geoff Tewierik (@geoff_tewierik) on Feb 2, 2018 at 8:08pm PST

This happened to my buddy last friday. Was riding from the Ferry to his accomm in Blenheim. Only about 30kms. Luckily it happened then, as he had 5 days of poop-barning planned with over 200kms between any kind of shops the next day!
Not what I would have expected from a Middleburn Crank.

too many wattz

Which middleburn Crank?

The darker oxidized portions make it look like it had been cracked a long time.

I haven’t seen it up close (the broken crank, so cant say for sure if it was on the way out). Matt is not a overly aggressive rider. He spins a lot. I don’t know the model, but this shot is from 2010.