asploded bike parts thread

[quote=bward1028]
Got my shifter caught in the apartment door taking it up the stairs. I think I may have cracked it in an earlier crash.
Also got my on-bike bags russled for the first time in sf on the same ride. Took a beat up multitool I found years ago and an old pair of gloves I didn’t like much. Left my 650b tube and Pedro’s tire
Levers though.[/quote]

When I was still living in the East Bay I just accepted that I’d get my handlebar bag stolen at least once a year. It’s why I am now the proud owner of a bunch of really really cheap handlebar bags. $8 for a Bushwacker barrel bag, a couple times a year, is cheaper than paying for secured parking near a BART station.

I’ve been working off the assumption that a feedbag type thing has too many points of contact for your average tweaked to figure out and so far I’ve been right. Haven’t lost the bag, just some stuff out of it. And a water bottle.

One time someone stole my neat little Banjo Brothers barrel bag AND kicked the shit out of my front wheel. It’s like okay dude, I get it, but maybe pick one not both?

I miss living in California, but not all things about living in the East Bay

I don’t lock my bike up in front of bars too often anymore and I lose WAY less shit these days.

someone stole the safety flag off my child’s trailer when the thing was parked out in front of the cooperative brewery in Seattle. Like, fuck you dude.

Someone stole a knife and my Smartwool cap from my bike outside of Peloton here in Seattle. It was the night of the birthday party, so I know that it was another cyclist, one of the zillions who were outside smoking all night.

A friend of mine has a little like rubber ducky toy or something on top of his stuff in his feedbag. Said he used to get stuff stolen all the time and now nobody touches it.

[sarcasm] Leaving stuff outside unattended and it gets stolen?! [/sarcasm]

Not actually sarcasm at all though, that’s just how it is.

That’s sardonicism, not sarcasm.

I do like walking around stores with a bright orange flag on a stick, so sounds like a win win.

someone stole the fuckin grips off my bike once, when locked up at a T station in boston.

I keep a neodymium magnet in all the allen heads on my bike so people can’t take shit. Even my top cap. I always thought the top cap to be overkill because who is going to take my fork!

And then one day I got word that when a friend was making a drop, gone for all of 10 minutes, someone stole his cockpit and fork. So now I definitely keep a magnet in there.

The only item I’ve had stolen from a bike was the old saddle and seatpost that came on the Telekom. It was an old SR or something worthless too.

I need to get on that magnet ball thing.

Edit: Oh! Asshole teenagers at my old apartment stole like 3 of my flat kits I would keep in a water bottle. I found bits thrown around the woods nearby. They never hurt my bike though, so I guess I’m grateful…

Had my front brake pads stolen once, and had my helmet thrown into someones yard before.

[quote=Shortpants]I keep a neodymium magnet in all the allen heads on my bike so people can’t take shit. Even my top cap. I always thought the top cap to be overkill because who is going to take my fork!

And then one day I got word that when a friend was making a drop, gone for all of 10 minutes, someone stole his cockpit and fork. So now I definitely keep a magnet in there.[/quote]
Yeah, get me into this.
I’ve been using these things in my saddle fixing bolt and seatpost collar on most of my bikes:

And this thing on my Wolverine:

Thanks, I’m not the best at words.

Please tell me he really said “I have the best words.”

Oh yeah. Debate 2 or 3