asploded bike parts thread

This is your periodic reminder than University of Pennsylvania is technically an Ivy, because it plays in the same sports league as Harvard and Princeton.

He most certainly did.

[quote=Rusty Piton][quote=Shortpants]I keep a neodymium magnet in all the allen heads on my bike so people can’t take shit. Even my top cap. I always thought the top cap to be overkill because who is going to take my fork!

And then one day I got word that when a friend was making a drop, gone for all of 10 minutes, someone stole his cockpit and fork. So now I definitely keep a magnet in there.[/quote]
Yeah, get me into this.
I’ve been using these things in my saddle fixing bolt and seatpost collar on most of my bikes:

And this thing on my Wolverine:

[/quote]
Look for buckyballs on ebay or amazon. In whatever size you need, 4mm/5mm/6mm. Try to find a high grade like n52 or n50. Then you will also need a stronger/larger magnet to remove them. I prefer a disc with a hole in the center as it sits on top of one of the saddle clamp bolts. Well hidden so you don’t have to worry about some street person finding it and removing all your stuff.

Also note that while this prevention strategy has never failed me I rarely lock up for more than 10 minutes at a time in any given place. And when I do it’s normally at some large bike event where risk is minimal.

[quote=Rusty Piton][quote=Shortpants]I keep a neodymium magnet in all the allen heads on my bike so people can’t take shit. Even my top cap. I always thought the top cap to be overkill because who is going to take my fork!

And then one day I got word that when a friend was making a drop, gone for all of 10 minutes, someone stole his cockpit and fork. So now I definitely keep a magnet in there.[/quote]
Yeah, get me into this.
I’ve been using these things in my saddle fixing bolt and seatpost collar on most of my bikes:

And this thing on my Wolverine:

[/quote]
couldn’t you just take the rack AND seatpost if you really wanted one?

[quote=Shortpants]I keep a neodymium magnet in all the allen heads on my bike so people can’t take shit. Even my top cap. I always thought the top cap to be overkill because who is going to take my fork!

Happened to my girlfriend a couple of years ago. Shitty bikesdirect fixie. I couldn’t believe it.

The only thing that sucked about it is that I had put some cool stuff that was laying useless in my parts bin, some deda track drops and matching stem, on it a few months prior. Not worth a lot but it all worked well together.

This is your periodic reminder than University of Pennsylvania is technically an Ivy, because it plays in the same sports league as Harvard and Princeton.[/quote]
That makes me unreasonably happy. I guess not being an American helps me fully appreciate the humour.

Sleep easy knowing that this man doesn’t understand what NATO is, has surrounded himself with sycophants itching for a war with Iran and Syria, and has access to a nuclear arsenal.

I don’t know words. I have okay words at best most of the time.

Meh, is he really more dangerous than dubya? He is so ineffectual he couldn’t start a stout, meaty war to save his life. And he’s kind of deranged but not quite deranged enough to nuke Amazon HQ or Beijing.

This is your periodic reminder than University of Pennsylvania is technically an Ivy, because it plays in the same sports league as Harvard and Princeton.[/quote]
That makes me unreasonably happy. I guess not being an American helps me fully appreciate the humour.[/quote]

Should we mention ‘Covfefe?,’ or let nem find that one naturally?

Seeing as how GW started two wars that cost much of the west fortunes and destabilized nearly a quarter of the planet, I don’t take comfort in that comparison.

I think donald trump is doing permanent damage to the mechanisms of the United States government that will pave the way for even worse things to happen down the road. I think this is final tipping point into our 50 year decline from #1 Supreme Superpower.

GET THIS SHIT THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD

BREAK SOME MORE BIKE PARTS AND MAKE US

BREAK AMIRICA(N BIKE PARTS) GREAT AGAIN

this is tarck and i will post bad political commentary wherever i hecking pleas

Welp, last night my buddy was bombing down this hill that leads into the stadium, which is somewhat dangerous. He missed the pedestrain ramp (a mistake that I’ve made myself, but by pure luck I was able to get out with only a destroyed rear wheel). Apparently he completely ejected from the bike, ended up in the hospital with his lip and chin ruined, stitches, might need a skin graft. That bike is some 1 off custom bike and it’s completely destroyed. He might need a skin graft on his chin because it’s so bad, I’ll spare you the pictures.

He was wearing his helmet, no concussion, no broken bones.

ouch, that really sucks.
He crashed so hard that he chair pole lost its setback

Just spin the fork around 180*, sw8 straight blade fork now

Also, hope your buddy heals up fast. The face is p good at healing, which is probably small solace

Not sure how he was able to ride it with the chain off the ring but whatever

Speedy healing to your buddy, make sure to call or txt at a weird hour because a little attention goes a long way