Babby, It's Cold Outside

Reminds me that my rack has one of those lamp hanger thingies. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced light for this? I’d like something battery ran or rechargeable

my rack has the same, I bolted a sawed off sidepull brake arm to it, and a cheapo light mount then put one of these on that. But at that point any light meant to attach to your bars would work.

That seems like a pretty damn good setup. The bike in that light ad is hilarious also

xpost from bike shop lulz:

I’ve always wanted to be albino spiderman for halloween!

[quote=johnasavoia]
and a cheapo light mount [/quote]
You can also make your own if you have these parts laying around (steerer spacer, 2 stem caps & a bolt). Make sure your handlebar light mount can fully wrap the diameter though.

Dynamo all the things!

I have one metric fuckton of bell parts from a bogus shipment of brake levers. hole is maybe 3 or 4mm but can easily be drilled out. I used one to mount a rock bros bell to a bar end shifter. if anyone wants however many of them to fuck around with, it’s yours for shipping (probably free unless it costs a lot to ship them in whatever envelope)
it’s this bell

seriously there’s about 700 of them and it’s the one part of these bells that don’t break

that’s a lever with an integrated bell?

MONEY WONT LIGHT YOUR WAY UNLESS YOU SET IT ON FIRE

[/quote]

Pshaw. You’re into bikes. The only reason you don’t have a dynamo on that bike is because it’s not a spending priority.

If I could, I would. Hopefully someday.

I’ve only seen these on ebikes. I want one.

Let’s be honest here your spending priority is something that your wife actually likes to ride.

Indeed. I need to do a few things to the gazelle before I sell it. Then ill get on that asap

yeah, lever with integrated bell. we have a fuckton of cast levers that get bent if you look at em wrong that are being replaced with forged levers. the bells mechanism fails a lot but the bell itself seems to have some rad uses

So my fork has eyelets on the inside like so:

One of these is stripped and will not hold a fender bolt anymore :frowning: Anyone know if there’s some way to replace/repair? Was thinking of asking my local carbon repair guy. Or should I just get some p-clamps? Time for a new fork?

Looks like a regular rivnut, so it should be possible to drill it out and place a new one. Carbon guy could definitely do it.

why not just use a longer bolt a nyloc nut on the inside?

edit: oh, nevermind, I thought the hole extended through the entire blade