Badass bike parts picture thread

lock laces are decent for turning shoes into slippers. since they are stretchy, they are never tight. i like them on my approach shoes but couldn’t imagine them on a cycling shoe.

I’ve been wearing my Shimano XC5’s for a few weeks and I’m pretty meh on them. My main complaint is that the rubber is so sticky that you’ve got to be dead on the clear to close in. I guess my other shoes were harder rubber so the pedal just slid across the tread to the cleat.

The laces I could take or leave. I may feel differently the first time I try to take them off after a muddy cross race when it’s 34 degrees outside.

I want to nominate Squirrel for Tarck award for preparedness in defending the “no laces on bike shoes” statement

Excellent job, well done

Salomon makes nice speed laces with static cord
they’re like $50/pair but they last forever

BOA is the answer

My next fancy road shoes are 100% going to be Bonts absolutely festooned with Boas.

I love BOA, it’s so easy to reach down and adjust

I hate BOA, the dials regularly pop and I have to reach down and tighten them

genius solution on Argon’s new open-clone gravel bike

oh thats good

Damn

smacks head

Is that to add a hanger to a bike that didn’t come with one?

And to give a solution to the front shifter taking up the same place on the ST as the bottle mount/bottle cage.

Hah! Exact thickness of a presta nut, I bet. Slick.

Just looking at it, I think it would work with my bike. It’s cool enough I just might try it if I can find one.

Paging Braden, this is what should ship with Endpoints unless you’ve changed the bottle locations

but you can just use a ring on steel bikes. Those are super normal.

Innovation in 2x drivetrains!
That is tops. Can a resident CNC tarcker design a coffee grinder slash day ruiner version optimised for low bottles and compact to sub compact rings?

Just looking at my bike I think that would work for EP. By the look of it my 50t big ring would bring pusher up towards top of that slot