Badass bikes that aren't yours

I actually contacted him last year when I got the ok to build my dream bike, but I couldn’t wait that long. It was over a year. I thought I would enjoy speccing a dream bike but it really stressed me out and in the end I brought a demo OPEN. Lazy but way more cheaper and no faffing with kit.

4 Likes

Put together a domane alr5 and it’s pretty close to what I want from a dream bike. Room for big tires and no gimicky(imo) road bike suspension.

Also standard threaded bb.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I too have been tempted by this. Yeah f bike racing returns I may cave in and get the new Quintana Roo aero road bike. Clears 32s

1 Like

They have the 2017 frame set on their site for $300.

who does?

1 Like

Trek, but only in babby sizes

The baby sizes aren’t even in stock.

3 Likes

Cleanest and most complete old Lemond that I’ve ever seen?

3 Likes

2004 Tourmalet! I still have mine as a trainer/roller bike.

Surprised those wheels have lasted this long in regular use…I cracked the rear rim in about 8 months.

1 Like

Given how pristine this looks, my guess is that this lived in a garage pretty much unridden up until a few days ago…

2 Likes

Oh wow, I just noticed the “aluminum” sticker. I forgot they stopped making these in steel at some point.

Those brake calipers have the best cable adjusters. Everything shiny and knurled

1 Like

those garbage pail pedals in immaculate condition reinforces this impression

3 Likes

I saw a beautiful, ancient, lugged Lemond on the lakefront yesterday. It was green and said “greg LEMOND” on the down tube. Very beautiful bicycle.

I’ve always liked lemonds

A buddy of mine did a bunch of work on my house with me and then expressed interest in my Midnight Special so I gave it to him as payment. He wouldn’t take it flat out so he made me take his Ti Lemond Victoire in exchange. Nice guy

17 Likes

Sounds like you came out on top of that deal.

2 Likes

The lady I sold the KaraTTe Monkey to is electrifying it. If I’d have thought a battery would fit in that frame triangle I would have done it myself. Gawdang it.

9 Likes