Badass bikes that aren't yours

The shop bro didn’t now exactly, but he said it was the factory that used to build the Surly frames, whatever that means.

Maxway?

3 Likes

I guess?

Was gonna say that they look a lot like the Raleighs of the 2010s. Hydros and 2 piece (?) cranks is pretty good spec, just missing a carbon fork although nothing wrong with matching steel (unless they are carbon? crown looks thicc)

that’s carbon or loominum. or a combination of the two

Am I seeing correctly that the rear cog is bolted on?

I think you’re right!

1 Like

I think it just has holes drilled through it and the one you can see is lined up with a spoke head?

Probably something like this…

Not this exact one, but I’ve seen a variants of this type of thing.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking

1 Like

Not sure if badass but I appreciated this lockup bike by where I had to pay a parking ticket in person here in Brooklyn. It’s some late-chrome era side-pull 26er that I assume is a Peugeot that caught my eye over what looks like a Simplex absolutely max’d out. Way over spec I am sure, but handling a 52-32 split, no problem. A trusty bike, livin it up:

3 Likes

Ooh that’s what you need to start collecting and retrofitting next

Cottered cranks!

3 Likes

I kinda liked how they looked on my barn find UO-8!

That boingy seatmast!

10 Likes

Zukas makes such sick bikes. Its dangerous that I’m him sized and he sells his personal bikes locally in Ga.

3 Likes

I think my 2012 Zukas is like serial #9 or some shit. Hopefully I can buy another one someday.

3 Likes

That is ridiculously fun, with just the right bit of absurd.

1 Like

POST BIKE >:(

TC this pic is two years old, but it hasn’t changed except that it has a slightly less shity campy crank on now.

12 Likes

haha yes. I think another local maker took a note from your build for his personal CX bike.

4 Likes