bay area tarck

No problem, I’m in east bay (Lafayette). Pretty busy this month but if you ride a medium then let me know and I’ll dust one off

Sounds good to me, though I have no idea how long of a ride I’m committing to with the Tunnel-Skyline-Redwood-Pinehurst combo. If you don’t mind watching a grown man puke or cry, I’m down.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m a large/xl guy. But I’ll get the MTB sorted soon, bro-deal-allah permitting. Where do you like to ride in the east bay?

Sounds good to me, though I have no idea how long of a ride I’m committing to with the Tunnel-Skyline-Redwood-Pinehurst combo. If you don’t mind watching a grown man puke or cry, I’m down.[/quote]

That’s my second favorite hobby after riding bikes! The rather heroic route I’m proposing is really just the hill you ride up, the road you ride around, and the ride back down to the city. It’s about 30-35 miles if you’re coming from anywhere in the middle of Berkeley or Oakland. You can also totally drive up, park at any of the hilltop parks (Sibley, Huckleberry, Redwood) and save yourself the city riding and long climb.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m a large/xl guy. But I’ll get the MTB sorted soon, bro-deal-allah permitting. Where do you like to ride in the east bay?[/quote]

Most of the fun stuff is poach, east bay regional parks is weak like that

Best legal trails are in Joaquin Miller in Oakland, you can do a few laps there pretty easily (warm up on big trees loop, Cinderella and Chapparall are the more burly descents, with Cindy being pretty flowy, chap having more rocks and water bars).

Above uc Berkeley stadium is some great shuttlebro dh, but it’s pretty illegal. Also where local crazy asshole mike vandeham does most of his assaults on mountain bikers (at least, this is where he was banned from for swinging a saw on a mtbro)

I usually ride in briones, sometimes shell ridge (Motorbacon is usually in shell) just because its on my side of the hills. Hard to describe routes since singletrack isn’t legal, so most is unmarked, but good for exploring since cell coverage is pretty consistent.

Oh, also another great shuttle spot near heaths house (well, I don’t know where heath lives, but it’s in leona open space, below Merritt college)

Sounds good to me, though I have no idea how long of a ride I’m committing to with the Tunnel-Skyline-Redwood-Pinehurst combo. If you don’t mind watching a grown man puke or cry, I’m down.[/quote]

That’s my second favorite hobby after riding bikes! The rather heroic route I’m proposing is really just the hill you ride up, the road you ride around, and the ride back down to the city. It’s about 30-35 miles if you’re coming from anywhere in the middle of Berkeley or Oakland. You can also totally drive up, park at any of the hilltop parks (Sibley, Huckleberry, Redwood) and save yourself the city riding and long climb.[/quote]

Sweet! I can do this, even in my wretched state. Name a time and a meet-up spot and I’ll see you there.

Face still rides bikes, I think.

I ride mostly around Walnut Creek and travel to the South Bay every now and then. Mode than happy to ride on Saturdays if slow is the pace. I’m out of shape and slow to begin with.

Laundry Farm. Which is just above my house. Trail head is here:

Hey, for Saturday, let’s meet up at the Oakland Hills Fire Memorial Park / Gateway Emergency Preparedness Exhibit Center ( such lyrical names the local parks have) at 11am? Anyone is welcome, the route I have in mind is all paved and consistently hilly.

Works for me. I’ll be the fat guy decked out in Rapha, unless y’all are planning to don non-roadie garb, in which case I’ll be wearing jorts and a zany t-shirt of some sort.

If I’m not broken by then, I’ll try to make it.

So not going to bite on all this “I’m fat and slow” bullshit.

Have fun, y’all.

OH shut up and ride your bike.

btw, big dummy is back in stock

Oooh!

You have my email or FB or whatever? Send em the price, please.

[quote=derailer]
Works for me. I’ll be the fat guy decked out in Rapha, unless y’all are planning to don non-roadie garb, in which case I’ll be wearing jorts and a zany t-shirt of some sort.[/quote]

Rad. I’ll be wearing cycling kit too, I save the jorts for cruising around town.

I’m here posted up by this pavilion doohickey near the park entrance. Damn this rain.

Welp, having seen no sign of tarck I’m guessing literal rain checks are in order.

Hey, I’m sorry, I was running late, my rain bike has an unexpected bunch of problems.

I’m out ring now, if you aren’t already done I am happy to meet wherever.

Waddup bay area tarck, I am once again part of the club. Currently in Lafayette in Oogens territory for the next couple weeks then moving into a condo in Moraga. Plan is to commute by bike to UCB (though taking bart until I get the commuter squared away).

In the 40 minutes on bart/walking to my building the first day I heard FIVE foreign languages. I didn’t realize how much I missed the diversity here.