bay area tarck

bay area CL deal: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/5614074570.html

Sup.
Any ya’ll been riding? Found a nice route for my WC-Bekeley commute over the weekend.
Tarckup between rainstorms?

@James, Howdy neighbor.

Yes. Saturday?

I’m home all day Saturday

Any of y’all up for some MTB’ing? I just got a bike and am pretty slow but not scared of the gnar. I’ve presently got lots of free time during weekdays if anyone’s interested. I live right off the trailhead at Joaquin Miller but am most interested in discovering new poachable trails in the area.

I’m around

Cool. Just got back from Joaquin Miller – awesome weather today. I’d be up for a ride Friday or Monday if that works. Anywhere within an hour or so drive of Oakland works for me.

Friday works. Monday nights work.

Lots of riding around.

Friday day is better than Monday night for me. What say you, CheshireCat?

Monday, Wednesday, or Friday evenings are my jam up at JMP/Redwood. I should be up there one of those evenings around 6:30 till dark.

Sweet. I can probably swing that ride once in a while.

Got any loop recommendations? I live off of Sunset’s westernmost trailhead, so my typical loop is: Sunset>Bayview>Big Trees (which I’ve been riding counterclockwise–gonna try clockwise soon)>Bayview>Cinderella>Sunset.

I’m pretty boring so I usually stick to this exact route, though I’ve done chaparral once. It takes me about 50 minutes to complete the loop. Ideally I’d like to string together 1.5 hours of riding without repeating too much of the same terrain.

Should be in for one of these in the next couple weeks!

After dark there’s some good riding in Redwood and huckleberry. I usually only ride that stuff in the fall and winter though.

Wednesday evening, JMP/Redwood loop from Berkeley. Leaving the shop on 4th Street at 5-ish. I’m a slow climber, who’s down?

Wednesday evening might work for me – gotta check with the SO. Meetup spot?

Gonna have to be another Wednesday, someone just gave me a free vanagon if I can pick it up before it gets towed. So I’m doing that.

Meeting spot depends on which direction you’re coming from and how much climbing you wanna do. I leave near 4th and Gilman, I’ve met up with folks at the bottom of the Claremont hill and the top of the Tunnel road climb on Skyline. I typically like to gather before hitting dirt at the Skyline entrance to Redwood so we can just hit it with warm legs.

Wednesday evening would work for me - I’m a formerly-quick climber but a slow descender whose been off the bike for a while so should have some chasing to do on the way down. Sup will be working full time on campus for the summer and my gig only has me time constrained Thurs-Sat so Wed night should hopefully be manageable depending on what time she wants to head home during the week.

Congrats on the free Vanagon.

Next Wednesday is fine for me. I’m pretty slow in both directions, so I volunteer to be the sweeper.

I’d also like to get back up to Tamarancho soon. If you haven’t tried the Endor flow trail up there yet, it’s BA.

Is it another flow trail or is it the one they built a few years back? I haven’t been since last summer.

One they built a few years ago