bay area tarck

I’m gonna be back in the bay for memorial day weekend and am planning on a couple long peninsula road rides on Sat & Sun if anyone wants to join.

This on Sat, with as many people as will come from the FB event I made:
https://www.strava.com/routes/8605671

And then lower key this on Sunday:
https://www.strava.com/routes/8782858

Some regroups after longer climbs but I expect the pace to be fairly quick

Not sure why I thought Endor was new. Maybe because I saw some equipment up there when I rode it.

BabbyMatt, those rides look dope. But I won’t pretend that I can hang. Relatedly, can Strava give you turn-by-turn directions on a pre-mapped route? Is there any app that can do this?

[quote=derailer]Not sure why I thought Endor was new. Maybe because I saw some equipment up there when I rode it.

BabbyMatt, those rides look dope. But I won’t pretend that I can hang. Relatedly, can Strava give you turn-by-turn directions on a pre-mapped route? Is there any app that can do this?[/quote]
Strava cannot, afaik, but you can supposedly export the file to a ‘compatible device’ for turn-by-turn. Probably a garmin 8xx, as my 520 only does overlay directions and not proper turn by turn.

I heard they’re building a new gravity trail up there, maybe you saw the equipment from that? Or from the massive repairs after they s winter.

Who’s down for a tarckup? Let’s ride bikes!

i’ll be there end of august…

Hopefully my membership in the bad back club will have expired by then, would be down to meet up.

So, I should have looked at my calendar before posting. I’m out of the country end of this month and beginning of next. Maybe mid-late September? September 16th good for anyone? Thinking a ride through the Oakland/Berkeley Hills if ya’lls got road bikes. Trails in the same locale if ya’lls got fat tires. Or maybe both?

Yes.

yes

I’ll be there end of august for a few days. wouldn’t mind getting out on a ride.

I’m up for roadbiking the east bay on the 16th. Crabbi where you gonna be when you’re up here?

Whiskey

A flask of what I call whiskey lives in my camelbak.

Might be down. I’m turning 30 that weekend, though, so I might just be drunk somewhere, realistically.

Drunk on bikes. 30 crew.

My man.

Oh sure, now that I move everyone suddenly wants to ride

Hi/Bye Bay area. It’s been a fun little adventure in your airport. Great weather for it today.

You’re lucky. I cant count the number of times I’ve been delayed at or going to SFO because of fog.