Be Kind to the Be-Hind aka #saddlechat

Flite crü checking in.

I think one of the OG Flites I was going to recover is actually bent. This makes me sad.

1 Like

been extremely happy with the berk lupina 132, with and without padded shorts.

I think as I get older, the less padding my butt needs. Sup says I got a cute butt. Maybe I used to have a bigger butt?

1 Like

I can honestly say that since I built the Wildgripper hommage Ive never slipped off my saddle.

9 Likes

I don’t see the nü Flite saddles getting much love, but I’ve been pretty happy with them. I think they get ignored because they don’t work for people who liked the old-school Flite. The new one is 145mm wide, very flat, and taper from the back to the nose is sharper than a Fizik Antares (which otherwise seems pretty similar).

For non-plastic, I’m also in the Berthoud Aspin camp.

flite

Been curious to try nü Flite esp with the cut outs

B17 black doesn’t work for me. Who wants it? $80 great shape

Would trade for a different seat in 140ish, flat with a cutout would be good

I’ve been using a X1 X-Cross on the MTB for a few years and have been fairly happy with it. Based on that, I bet the SLR would be a good fit for me.

I’ve probably got few thousand more miles left on my current Flite before it’s time to find a new saddle. I was looking at the one I was going to recover and noticed it had some abnormal wear. It’s probably from when I was doing all those skwatz.

Life was simpler when I would just toss a Regal on everything.

In with C17cru now. Which reminds me, I have a cutout original headed for the market place…cutout did not agree with me.

We should start a tarck saddle swap and trade saddles that arent doing so hot for someone to someone who it might work better for.

1 Like

I thought that already existed.

Try that b17 on ibob

Fizik Aliante Versus Evo, or VSX, or VS, or regular. They have gentleman’s reliefs (listed most generous to none) if you desire. Really like the Versus Evo. Much prefer it to the C17.

important about Fizik: they now make all their main saddles in a wide size, that’s like 15mm wider than the regular.

I really like the Aliante large

I came in here to shout Charge Spoon (because it did come up yet). So cheap and fantastic.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Update: I picked this demo up from my friendly neighborhood Berthoud dealer

…and now I understand why long setback posts are a thing for leather saddles. Closest I can get is about ~5-10mm forward of where nose of the plastic saddle was.

I still have to dial in fore/aft a bit, but so far I’m not sensing it gives very much under my weight. I also pretty aware of my left sitbone, don’t notice any discomfort on the right side at all. But with that said, the saddle itself feels quite nice. Will need some longer rides to tell for sure tho

(Funny angle - any photo I take of this bike looks faster backwards ?)

4 Likes

Yo bro.

The Power has never done it for me. Just did a fit and the Power Arc was a world of difference. Have you done a bike fit recently? If you find a Spesh saddle you like I can hook you up at a very nice price.

1 Like

hi patch!

My mans.

I meant the Arc model of the power, looking for it to put on my enduro first (possibly then on all my bikes…). Haven’t ever done a proper fit and I’m not sure local Big S in Åre are trust worthy… Trying out a Phenom on my HT right now.

Just need to heal my ruptured calf muscle so I can ride again…

Ah shit. Well the Retül program is an OK start regardless of who’s doing it. I can get you an S-Works arc for 1800SEK should you wish to shed the grams and the dollhairs.