Bent cylinders that exist but you wish didnt.

Reason #1 for a saddle bag that tucks out of the way towards the rear of the saddle: nothing for legs to rub against. That lower seatpost strap on the spec bag would absolutely chafe my legs given my dainty hips (hell, the nose of a regular romin would did that too).

200+ gram stem for $150.

Every bike shop in America has a bucket for 120g stems for $25.

But MUSA

Says Specialized

Lyzene makes a few quick release bags that sit back a bit and no velcro. Nice but be warned, mine didn’t stay put at Battenkill. Fell off twice hitting really deep potholes.

Dunno if Inside Line still makes it, but their saddlebag is big enough for normal road flat / basic tools AND attaches via a single strap around the rails. No seatpost strap= no chafing.

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]200+ gram stem for $150.

But MUSA[/quote]

It’s a pretty stem though.

I have their tool roll, and it’s very secure. But you do have to take the whole thing off to access stuff.

Lyzene makes a few quick release bags that sit back a bit and no velcro. Nice but be warned, mine didn’t stay put at Battenkill. Fell off twice hitting really deep potholes.[/quote]

I had an ortlieb one like that that I ejected on a gravel ride somewhere and never found.

This was like three weeks after losing an arundel seatbag and all of its contents when the strap separated from the bag.

I was so pissed. Seatbags always have a bunch of essential shit that I can’t really ride without yet rarely need. And doing it all at once is annoyingly expensive to replace.

[quote=Face][quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]200+ gram stem for $150.

But MUSA[/quote]

It’s a pretty stem though.[/quote]
No, it’s really not. I personally like the look of many machined billet parts but the Paul stem is fucking ugly. I’m disappointed too because I have one and it’s really a beautifully machined and finished piece. But it’s just so fucking ugly!

That’s horrible. It’s.straight up only roughed in. All those radius’s could have been stitched in like any normal so would have done.

re: hating on saddlebags:

Been running this for quite a while.
Holds: phone, wallet, tube, tools, rainjacket, weed

It doesn’t make me any slower.

Fuck the haters.

dq what is that? It has like 50 grams too much buckley hobbit stuff for my taste but i still want to know

I think a banjo bros? I have a similar one, they’re ok for cheap

At first glance I thought it was a vo croissant, but it’s an Acorn medium

I have that acorn bag, but haven’t used it for a while. I replaced the bulky seatpost strap with some nylon strap I found. I also rigged up a chunk of wood to hold the bag a couple cm off of the seatpost to reduce thigh interference.
It’s pretty useful for those warm summer commutes when I definitely don’t want to carry a bag on my back and don’t need to carry enough stuff to justify a pannier. My only gripes with it are that it requires adding bag loops and that it takes some work to install and remove in lockup situations.

more like, “huge metal buckle for dumb leather strap tears your shorts” but otherwise that looks good.

I still use + really like my dill pickle saddlebag, esp with the mesh pockets for snacks. I think it makes my saddle angle creep backwards though.

$400raphasaddles.jpg

I believe a Tarcker was talking about the ridiculousness of Huckberry a few years ago so I decided to sign up for their emails on my throwaway junkmail account.
It has provided me with constant entertainment over those years and reassured me I have zero interest in whatever personal brand they are attempting to curate.
Basic gist is overpriced “outdoor gear” for rich guys. Note that there is very little gear that would help you survive outdoors and more watches, hot dog sticks and casual shorts that would make you look good as you step out of an SUV for a backyard campfire at your friend’s house in the suburbs.

This one really brought the lolz today:

What kind of shitbox bike do you need to be riding for that tool to be useful?

“A weapons grade multi tool”