Best Bike-Related Dumpster Finds

Has this been done already?

Either way, post your best dumpster finds.

For me it was probably a vintage Italian made Vittoria Corsa CX I dug out of a good 200 tires on top of it. Glued before but looks like the tread has barely been touched.

[quote=“andre nickatina”]Has this been done already?

Either way, post your best dumpster finds.

For me it was probably a vintage Italian made Vittoria Corsa CX I dug out of a good 200 tires on top of it. Glued before but looks like the tread has barely been touched.[/quote]
pics or you never jumped in a dumpster

Biking down the street I spotted this mess. It was at the curb for garbage pick up with a ton of lawn trimmings. It looked like these two bikes were locked up in a yard and forgotten about as a bush grew around them… I went back with my car and picked up the whole mess.

The Peugeot cleaned up nice. The cruiser wasn’t worth much, but it works. The peugeot is sporting a new saddle since the pic.

Wow, nice cleanup!

For serious.

50 lbs. of chocolate
A case of kagome juice
two cases of some generic european tallcans

As for bike related stuff I’ve only found tires. A completely unused 37c vittoria rando and a set of pro race 2’s.

my mom found some semen in a dumpster and I was born.

[quote=“pirate”]50 lbs. of chocolate
A case of kagome juice
two cases of some generic european tallcans

As for bike related stuff I’ve only found tires. A completely unused 37c vittoria rando and a set of pro race 2’s.[/quote]

yo pirate, i posted this in the bike related section. i should have been more specific, but i meant bike-related items in dumpsters.

not exactly a dumpster, but i had been seeing this schwinn 10-speed locked to a fence for the last 3 years. it was in un-ridable condition and obviously left by some previous tenants years back (rent house). it had the cheapest possible combo lock on it, which i easily opened.

I found a pile of at least a dozen skidded-through 700x23 tires in Little Italy. Like, seriously, nobody else rides fixed in that neighborhood. I don’t know who they came from.

Oh yeah and I found a Shimano aero lever in the gutter. One lever. It’s kinda useless.

Nice Peugeot! Rainy day cruiser?

MASH tour

I pulled my schwinn out of a pile of junk in the basement of one of the buildings I work. It was under a big piece of carpet that smelled like it was sodden with shit and sewage. When I opened up the BB and headset, the greese was totally solid, but the surfaces looked brand new when I cleaned them up.
Just for good measure, I’ll post ANOTHER pic of the damn thing.

At this point, I feel like I’ve known your Schwinn for years.

Hello again, old friend.

[quote=“blickblocks”]

Nice Peugeot! Rainy day cruiser?[/quote]

Yep! And for my 1mile commute. Its got a child seat on it now so I can ride with my 9month old daughter…

im jealous. cant wait till i can put a child seat on one of my bikes

[quote=“blickblocks”]Oh yeah and I found a Shimano aero lever in the gutter. One lever. It’s kinda useless.
[/quote]

Not if you ride only one brake.

[quote=“Bandwitch”]
im jealous. cant wait till i can put a child seat on one of my bikes[/quote]

She goes absolutely nuts! Its so cool to be reminded about what’s great about bikes! The wind in the face, just rolling around on the beach…

[quote=“04jtb”][quote=“blickblocks”]Oh yeah and I found a Shimano aero lever in the gutter. One lever. It’s kinda useless.
[/quote]

Not if you ride only one brake.[/quote]

Aero levers = another hand position on the bars

Aero lever = half a hand position on the bars

Until recently, I had a stash of about 20 dumpster bikes under my deck. Nothing really worth noting though.