Bib Recommendations

I heard those Zipp bibs were about worth what Bonktown was charging at closeout…

nike

no complaints about mine so far other than the sizing – they run extremely small.

For longer rides…

Giordana Tenax Laser. Super nice multiple-density chamois, compression lycra, very soft/comfortable upper, leg grippers that don’t itch or irritate your skin.

Cannondale LE carbon. REALLY nice chamois (probably my fave) good for long rides or racing. The upper is a bit strange because it uses that “welded” lycra thing but you get used to it. The lower does use a compression fabric. Nice reflective accents too if you are into that sort of thing.

For cheaper bibs the Giordana Silverline is indeed a quality piece.

Champion System is adequate at best. We use them for our team because it fits the budget but they have been know to ruin more than one long ride.

If you want to feel like you are riding on a la-z-boy the Sugoi RS is the way to go. Super thick (in select spots) chamois will make you feel like your taint is riding on a chariot of fluffy clouds. Would never race on them though. I don’t like how super thick pads feel when you are moving around a lot on the saddle.

[quote=kowloon][quote=trackatino][quote=lot_22]i think that i am on the brink of converting to all things specialized bg for contact points.
i don’t have any bibs yet, but am really looking forward to the day when i can own a pair or two.[/quote]

Word. I’m looking to get some of those Specialized footbeds soon.[/quote]
they will change your life.[/quote]
Though I’ve never used their bibs, I can drop another +1 for BG stuff. I love my mountain comp shoes and my gloves and every BG saddle I’ve used has been awesome. Even the cheap ones.

Get the Hammer nutrition jawns.

I wish the Performance Ultra bibs were like they used to be. The new ones kind of suck, but the older style was a great value.

I’m not fond of mine, but I also think they may be a bit too large. The chamois moves around a lot.

Yo Braden, I think you may have sold me on those Cannondale bibs. Only $111 @ PBK… right at my price point and if the chamois is indeed that nice I’ll be happy. I don’t like really thick stuff…

Well there is no accounting for the taste that an individual’s taint has for a given chamois but the cdale bibs are my current fave for track racing. They do fit JUST a tad bit on tight side but they are supposed to.

So sizing up may be better? I’m between S and M (waist size 32) so maybe I’ll go with an M.

i have 4 pairs of cannondales and i love 'em. braden knows what’s up.

Medium for sure.

no complaints about mine so far other than the sizing – they run extremely small.[/quote]
ian sent me a set of these from bonktown/chainlove/whatever it was. thankyou ian!!!

here’s my review. i’ve had these since wednesday and i’ve done about 350ks on (in?) them so far. no chamois butter but no saddle sores. the padding seems a little foamier and a lot bulkier than my bellwether “force” bibs, but was hardly noticeable and actually quite comfy in the saddle; feels kinda weird when you’re out of the saddle though. they run really small, both in the thigh and lengthwise. the mesh on the “suspenders” is nice in that it didn’t chafe my nipples on cold mornings. the grippy bit at the bottom of the leg is very grippy.

oh damn i forgot to add: the top part is kinda big. not in the way that it digs into your gut when you are gettin aero, but in the way that it’s fucking hard to pee on the side of the road without bending over at the hip and trying to shoot out of the fabric fortress

real talk

i gotta go down and out the leg, brah

i just cut my levi 510’s at my thigh. i only wear black denim anyway so it works out

Spent almost 4 hours on my Voler bibs yesterday with their “torino pad”. My ass was sore towards the end of the day and I wished that I was wearing my Sugoi bibs.

rapha bibs now have the same cytech pad that assos have. they are still damn expensive but are made from thicker material than most bibs so they should theoretically last longer.

i really like the volers i have now. a lot better than castelli.