Bib Recommendations

Bumping this, a shop near my work has descente bibs on sale for $80 (down from $110 or $130, I can’t remember. I haven’t tried them on yet but they have some Nike ones for the same price.

Update on Cdale bibs: the chamois started coming unstitched in the middle where my perineum sits about a month ago. I’m still racing CX on the loose, semi-in-place chamois as they’re my only bibs without large gaping holes in them… but never had this happen before. A big WTF to Cannondale for having zero clothing warranty information on website.

So, a review:

-Chamois 9/10 - fuckin’ awesome. Sitting on clouds.
-Material 9/10.
-Durability 2/10.

And whats the ettiquette behind taking the chamois to a seamstress place for repair? I mean, the thing is next to where my man-unit sits, and it doesn’t take a genius non-cyclist to figure that out by looking at it. I guess I can tell them I wear underwear underneath.

give it a good wash, wonder soap, lie through teeth

[quote=thehappyrobot]Hincapie is always good stuff.
Castelli doesn’t seem to last as long as it should…[/quote]

My Castelli Squadra gear has been lasting since '98, '99, and '02. I love it. I took about 4 years off from riding, but 7 years of heavy riding plus 4 years of storage is pretty solid for cycling gear if you ask me. The only issue so far is that the screen-printed Castelli logo crackled after about two two years, but the lycra, seams, and chamois have all held up well (jerserys and vests the same). The stuff from '02 still looks like I just pulled it out of the shrink wrap, but it has only had about 3-4 years of real riding.

My Voler jerseys and jackets have lasted, but the elastic on my bibs is pretty stretched out (where the Castelli bibs that are even older than the Volers are still fine). Maybe my quads just used to be that much more massive…

Edit: I’m an idiot for replying before reading all of the way down the thread.