Bicycle Secrets

And that’s where you end up buying the KCNC adapters or modifying sram clamps or finding some hinged SRAM clamps in conjunction with the discontinued Problem Solvers 2.1 Match Makers.

I’m SAF and wondering where the sram parts go.

oh they totally do for XT, it’s the “SL-M8000-B-I”

a bunch of sites including Shimano’s show the wrong picture of the I-Spec II version

but they do exist, I just received one from here: Shimano XT SL-M8000-B-I 2-/3-/11-speed Shifter w/ I-Spec - bike-components

Okay. I got lost in the sauce for a second. I just meant that I have both the M8000 shifters and M8000 brakes with I-Spec II and I think that overall the I-Spec B system seemed to have better adjustment.

I’ve got about a fingers width between my clamps on m8000, enough adjustment for that?

Don’t think i spec is for large hands.

I’ve got about a fingers width between my clamps on m8000, enough adjustment for that?[/quote]
If you don’t need to adjust it. I think the center changed too much from I-Spec B to to I-Spec II.

Any aftermarket options that will push the shifter in for big hands?

Also, I spec ii dropper levers? Is that a thing?

No and no.

Keep the clamps.

Dog teeth makes one. But you don’t like them?

Get the shifter model that doesn’t use iSpec?

[quote=iwillbe]This might be less of a secret than a thing that few people have much use for, but:
if you’re using double stembags, you can connect the sub straps to each other and then cinch them down instead of running the straps under the fork crown. No wiggling, looks a little cleaner.[/quote]

Yo, this is a fucking revelation.

And also, per a video Revelate had to make because I, like everyone who buys feedbags, am apparently dumber than hell: you strap the big velcro on the handlebar, thin strap on the stem. Makes each bag sit way more flush to the bar, freeing up a cm or two of space for your knees to come thru when you’re out of the saddle, and positions the pull cords for even more easy one handed use.

Revelate doesn’t make the prettiest bags, but their materials and thoughtulness of construction is impressive as hell. they’re like the Ortlieb of bikepacking stuff.

For stem bags actually, I think the sleeper is Carsick Designs. $10 cheaper than everyone and much more thoughtfully constructed. I love the not-mesh side pockets for wrappers or toothbrush + paste, etc.

I was just looking at their stuff! They made some well-received Xtracycle bags a few years ago, but now sell them exclusively through a shop in Seattle.

I’m pretty happy with this. I will likely buy a second one to even it out.

Stem bags / cozies have a low threshold for acceptable performance. Any company that can rise to the technical challenge of making a decent frame bag or enormous seat bag can probably turn out an ok cylinder with a drawcord/pucker top. The limiting factor for me is width, don’t want to bump my knees every time I’m out of the saddle. I would be happy with deeper bags, but that’s because I’m a giant and ride bikes with 210-240mm head tubes.

Has anyone yet figured out exactly which is the best cheap climbing bag to get from Amazon/Alibaba/eBay?

and a Tie Dye Print option!

just bought a pair: Handmade XPAC Bicycle Handlebar Goodie Bag – Carsick Designs

I fucking want that so bad. But I really don’t need it. But I love it.