Bicycle Secrets

I really want this bag but don’t need to spend the money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Magazine-Utility-Drop-Dump-Pouch-Molle-Military-Ammo-Bag-Heavy-Duty-top-/201720755840?var=&hash=item2ef77e7680:m:mWPY5qc0Qd5Sb_BN-ulYprw
if you google around for the words magazine molle pouch you might find em a little cheaper here and there. I’ve got 3 of these at this point. They only tie down two places on the same side of the bag, but if you’ve got something for them to rest against (rando bag or basket or something) they’re pretty great, really big (aka knee hitters)

I love those surplus pouches. I’ve got two of them and they’re damn near perfect. Someone with greater sewing skills than I could make them perfect with a couple easy modifications.

Now we’re talkin:

“molle bottle pouch” also gets you some decent stuff.

I have two of this one, they’re pretty good except the bottom is mesh and I could see it blowing out before the rest of it.

The one John posted fits a mini U which is awesome.

Though QBP lists it as being compatible with “Shimano/SRAM 11 Speed Road”, supposedly the new Sunrace RS3 11-speed 11-32 cassette will be compatible with 10 speed freehubs. It’s not available until late November, though. FW2179

Where did you learn this

and a Tie Dye Print option!

just bought a pair: https://www.carsickdesigns.com/collections/goodie-bag/products/goodie-bag[/quote]

You get yours yet Fred? Is it as large as, say, an outer shell? The only size measure outer shell provides is noting that it can fit a 1L nalgene. My ancient roadrunner bag can most definitely not.

That Carsick is the same as the one I have, unless they’ve updated the design at all. The only limitation vs the Roadrunner, that I’ve found, is that not having any sort of structure to the bag makes it nearly impossible to access while riding, as well as it being more likely to bounce around.

Oh I’m talking about the Goodie Bag. I think you’re talking about the bar bag.

Barrel bags are just generally bouncy without an elastic cord around the stem / headtube and some kind of internal structure. Banjo Brothers made a decent one a few years ago with both those things.

Stiffeners help, I have a couple of super cheap bags into which I put trimmed plastic boards (sold on Amazon as semi-disposable kitchen cutting boards), it made them less liable to swing around.

For about five years, I’ve had a back-burner project of making a barrel bag that’s easy to access while riding. It’s still in initial notes: “velcro pull tab? infinite daisy chain? …magnets?”

Yup, you’re right. My b

Bike industry chatter. The warranty guy at my work was on the phone with Suntour and it came up.

I got the Carsick Designs feedbags, and yeah they’re 1L naglene sized, a bit bigger than Revelate

they’re pretty much unstructured, missing the layer of foam that makes other versions stand up

I already ordered an Outershell framebag in leopard print, might get one of their feedbags too

Oh sweet. I measured my old Roadrunner bag and it came out to the dimensions that Car Sick Designs gives on their site: 3.5" diameter and 6" cinched down, so I was wary of ordering it. The new revelate, the outer shell, and this one: https://www.mkt.com/yellowhaus/item/le-big-sack are much larger (the latter being the biggest).

If you get an Outer Shell feed bag, I’d love to hear about how they compare.

Anyone seen any Red/Black X-Pac feedbags around? Surprisingly difficult to search for feedbags since many companies give them different non-generic names.
Looking to replace this dual road soda on my cycletruck since it seems to only work for cans and not things like waterbottle/keys/cell/wallet very well

The revelate ones are x-pac, and the new ones are actually operable one-handed.

[quote]Weight: 3.7 oz
Materials: Revelate exclusive VX 21 polyurethane coated X-pac; 420 denier yellow lining[/quote]

[quote=iwillbe]Barrel bags are just generally bouncy without an elastic cord around the stem / headtube and some kind of internal structure. Banjo Brothers made a decent one a few years ago with both those things.

Stiffeners help, I have a couple of super cheap bags into which I put trimmed plastic boards (sold on Amazon as semi-disposable kitchen cutting boards), it made them less liable to swing around.

For about five years, I’ve had a back-burner project of making a barrel bag that’s easy to access while riding. It’s still in initial notes: “velcro pull tab? infinite daisy chain? …magnets?”[/quote]

Those plastic cutting mats are just right for making cheap mtb front mini fenders, the kind that zip tie to the legs and arch. Fuck paying real money for those.

Can I see another pic of that cycletruck?