Bicyclist beaten after telling other riders to get lights

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]Eh. You could mount the sun on the front of your bike, and there would still be that one dumb asshole who walks out in front of you because he isn’t paying attention.

Just make sure you’re bright enough that the average person can see you, and remember to recharge/replace batteries often.[/quote]

I’m thinking some blinky lights up front might help a bit. In the guy’s defense, I doubt anyone might have seen my little LED headlamp with the stream of traffic and headlights coming up behind me. I learned that I can lean over and bunnyhop sideways all at the same time.

I still can’t imagine a couple with such high-dollar bikes beating up a guy for telling them to “get a light”. There has to be more details on this.

Y’all are all just jealous of our Obreas. Thats why that guy got beaten.

I wish! I have one of only two tallbikes in this city that I’m aware of.

Also, more to the point, there are tons of high-end bikes out on the road here every day. Orbeas, Cervelos, Litespeeds, Serottas, etc. I see drool-worthy bikes all the time when I’m just riding around. They just made an especially bad move in attacking the owner of a shop that exclusively sells high-end road and TT bikes.

If any of you Madison people see these two on the road and dont instantly tell them to get some lights you should be ashamed.

I want to get kicked in the ribs.

I’m not jealous. Just afraid.

And how.

Even if they end up actually getting lights, just yell “More lights!” any time you see them. :bear:

I have to admit, this one time I was riding down a MUP at night and this pair of cyclists, a man and a woman, passed me and each of them in turn said, “Get a light!” as they passed even though I called out “Oncoming!”. I was so pissed off at them that I mocked them to everyone I know and still do to this day. The reason I was pissed off was twofold: one, I had a light until it was stolen of my bike earlier that day, and two, the way they said it, it sounded like, “get a light you retarded lowlife scum. How dare you share this MUP with the King and Queen of cycling safety and advocacy without a light, knave!!!”

user

I think it’s pretty clear that no matter your intentions, yelling “get a light” to any cyclist is not going to come across as the nicest thing in the world.

Yea I usually opt for “HOLY FUCKING SHIT!” as they come flying past me out of the darkness.

And how.

Even if they end up actually getting lights, just yell “More lights!” any time you see them. :bear:[/quote]

I can’t wait to see them out on their bikes so I can do exactly that. I hope it’s in broad daylight too.

If they ever find out who these people are I’m totally looking up phone numbers and addresses so I can harass them from Utah.

I was riding bitch in Amanda’s car one night, and as she was pulling on to a street, some jackass on a mountain bike with no lights came zomming around her car. We shook our heads and she started to pull out again. A girl on a lightless BMX bike did the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING.

1. You’re an idiot for riding at night with no lights. Period. If they got stolen, or you didn’t plan on being out past dark, DON’T RIDE DOWN THE BUSIEST FUCKING STREET IN SOUTH AUSTIN.

2. If you see a car pulling out up the road ahead of you (remember, you have no lights, so it’s doubtful anyone saw you) DON’T WHIP OUT IF FRONT OF THEM. Use your fucking brakes.

So I rolled down my window as we passed by them, and yelled at them. Idiots. It made me feel like an “asshole in a car” afterwards, but fuck it.

well clearly, dont roids come stock with orbeas?

well clearly, dont roids come stock with orbeas?[/quote]
The saddle automatically injects it into your ass cheek everytime you take a seat.

This event has been bikesnobbed.

i was disappointed at the roadie label, i was hoping for some good old triathlete bashing…

That post reminded why I enjoy Bike Snob.

i was disappointed at the roadie label, i was hoping for some good old triathlete bashing…[/quote]

Yeah, the bikes and behavior smack of jockos-turned-tri-guys.

i was disappointed at the roadie label, i was hoping for some good old triathlete bashing…[/quote]

Yeah, the bikes and behavior smack of jockos-turned-tri-guys.[/quote]
God I fucking hate triathletes… I only know one triathlete I like and I knew her before she was a triathlete.