Bike blerg thread

it’s where my boyfriend also moved last summer which is why I don’t have any pictures of us together!

5 Likes

I have a fancy once from jrc components (ti bolts, wowie!) and it’s great. Feels very secure, definitely no issues with the mount itself. The real weak point for a lot of these aftermarket mounts is the resin piece that the computer mounts to though- if it’s not molded quite right, the GPS can’t actually lock in and it’ll fly off. Really a manufacturing variance issue so it can be luck of the draw.

1 Like

So it’s a race for fop champion?

1 Like

It’s more a '97-'03 era fever dream road bike.

A Cross check with different… An Early Look at The Monē Bikes Hachita Prototype All-Rounder: A Sincere Cycles Build – John Watson | The Radavist | A group of individuals who share a love of cycling and the outdoors.

5 Likes

I guess I’m on the 5dev carnage list, now.

It seems like they have a manufacturing issue.

6 Likes

Screenshot at 2023-04-19 09-52-41

aluminumspacers dot com

2 Likes

I would be more cynical about this but it looks like it could be a candidate for a frame swap with my rusty ol LHT, which is not such an easy find new these days

1 Like

Crust Check.

7 Likes

The interview with Singular dude on PLP was interesting in that the thing that got him motivated to relaunch the brand was that everyone was eating his gravgrav lunch, now that it was cool to do so. He talked about building a new rim braked bike that fitted fat tires, which I thought sounded very Crustacean. Edit. He’s an Aussie too.

1 Like

Could make vee brakes popular in the retro area.

1 Like

that’s a fillet? looks like a TIG weld to me. is there a difference?

2 Likes

I guess it’s a cool enough bike, but I really don’t get the slavish devotion to being adaptable to literally every brake ever designed, just to say you did it. I can’t believe surly hasn’t designed and released bikes with that ugly cantilever brake plate shit

2 Likes

It’s an unfiled fillet.

3 Likes

what’s the point of an unfiled fillet!?

2 Likes

shows off how exceptionally good the brazer is at the skill

doesn’t spend that worker’s time on tedious non-brazing tasks that are rough on their hands and only make the bike marginally lighter

3 Likes

Speed/cost compared to filing? The Boxdog Pelicans @Eric_Estlund built were no-file.

I think they were trendy in 2013ish among some builders to show off their consistent brazing skill.

1 Like

Also dirtbag aesthetic.

I believe it was a thing on old motorcycle frames too.

1 Like

I seem to recall Steve Garro switching over to no file for his frames around that time because the finish work was so hard on his upper body joints, something that’s more important for him compared to most folx.

1 Like

Uh. Is that reach adjust or shitty cable tension?

This leads me to believe it’s just poorly assembled

2 Likes