Bike blerg thread

Cannondale was super cool and an SR900 is the only bike that I would buy out of pure nostalgia because I think I learned to read via a Cannondale catalog my parents gave me when I was very young. Pretty sure I literally ate part of that catalog I think

Also come on

16 Likes

Phat tubes and skinny fork will always look good

1 Like

I wish Cannondale would just make that bike exact bike again but with clearance for 32 mm tires. Same colors, same logos…exact replica.

2 Likes

My 1987 self loved loved loved those airbrushed things and my current self still does.

What happened to crqckandfailbro

1 Like

Would would it take to put you on this beautiful blue 85 st400?

he still exists. he’s doing fine as far as i can tell. i did send this to him- got no response. another friend at CSG/Dorel is pretty positive he knows the guy who wrote this. they definitely had some fun with it.

Yeah the SR900 in red has a special place in my heart because I really wanted it. Even at the point where I was big enough for an adult bike and the original SR900 was long gone, it was still to expensive even used. Instead I got a gas pipe Raleigh Olympian which wasn’t nearly as cool.

2 Likes

I mostly love that and it will be great with a better bar setup and some colour

1 Like

I’m not sure what model it is but posted for possible sr900 refin

That’s a pretty cool bike as is bot with drops

Black Lightning?

@Orloved wildin in the crime aisle

11 Likes

ok please enjoy my extremely cursed tentative budget document that involves an all-hydro/all-magura front/rear disc/rim mullet @Crustradamus and I sketched out the other night:

No matter what the bike needs:

Pedals: $52

Cranks: $50

Chainring: $80

Cables: $35

Headset: $60

Tires: $150

That’s $430

Marzocchi rebuild is about $40-$140

Carbon fork is another $180

That puts it to $650

For 26 mechanical brake it needs

Rear wheel: $150

Cassette: $30

Chain: $0 (have one)

That’s $180, or about $830

For 650b rim brake it needs:

Cliffhangers: $250

Motolites: $320

Cassette: $60

Chain: $20

$570, or about $1,220

For 26 hydro brake

Wheelset, assuming this is not a scam: $300

Rear brake: $100

Front brake: $70

That’s $470, or about $1120

4 Likes

please edit that post to remove the question and paste the link

1 Like

definitely do the cabron xc fork and 584 setup for access to current tire tech

I am lobbying for 26" rear and 27.5 front, hopefully on the bomber. I guess 27.5 might not fit the bomber though?

will 584 not fit the frame either? I don’t know that a mullet is worth it but wet dicks, current rims and tires, and possibly a current bar/stem setup would be. unless you’re going for the mullet as an attempt to slacken the geo

a quick eyeball and 27.5 does seem to fit the bomber, or at least this 650bx48 does