Bike blerg thread

Something about reflectors and no nob rakes tarckbikes

Legal requirement for all beik shops to install reflectors on any beiks. Not sure about balance bikes?

I’d like to see an oz fast guy with a chain guard and reflectors winning a race.

Wait do they actually put chain guards on bikes?

There is an exclusion for ‘racing’ bikes, but I CBF pulling up the code and checking the details, generally yeah, all retail bikes have to be sold with reflectors/bell/guard. Whole lotta sweet fixies were pinged. The retrofit chain guards were the flimsiest pieces of plastic they could get injection moulded up in a rush.

1 Like

no ape hangers or fixie dildos either:
“The handlebars shall have a minimum width of 350 mm and be symmetrically located with respect to the longitudinal axis of the bicycle. The vertical distance between the top of the handlebar grips, when assembled to the highest riding position according to the
manufacturer’s instructions, and the seat surface of the saddle in its lowest position, shall not exceed 400 mm.”

2 Likes

But why

Because the people that hate rules and regulations want to give you rules and regulations.

Pretty good, Australia! Pretty good… I think NYC still has you beat in terms of raw bicycle hatred but as far as regulations go I don’t think we have anything this stupid.

we got stupid shit like this https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/finding-mr-x/

Someone write a TL;DR for that? Shit is LONG.

local cycling nutcase who predatorily plays both sides of the anti-cyclist debate via facebook but everyone’s caught on

well that was a fun read

Is Jan planning on taking us through Bangor military base?
Also, I don’t think Jan knows how to use RWGPS.

1 Like

military tribunal probab less lenient than native american tribunal

3 Likes

Preserved for posterity

Godspeed Mr Squirrel

Knowing nothing else about the area, it seems like SSBN security would be kind of tight?

Yes.

This does look like it goes down clear creek road, which is not in Bangor.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bangor+Trident+Base,+WA/@47.7136384,-122.6992326,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x5490251831ae8fbd:0xec479b3de77ebb07!8m2!3d47.72215!4d-122.7181033

Edited: Nope, that little line goes through Bangor. Hope they pre-rode that one!

hehehe

think he was aiming for that sick gravel road behind the KEEP OUT fence

!
!

1 Like