Bike blerg thread

“To your left you will see the docked nuclear submarines, to your right the bunkers where they store the nuclear war heads, behind us you will notice the military vehicles with flashing lights chasing us.”

9 Likes

Blog post: ‘Jan’s tips for finding holes in security fencing that’ll fit your fully outfitted rando rig’

6 Likes

Rinko, duh

3 Likes

yeah just use a gilly net as your rinko bag

2 Likes

Molle rinko bag, next big trend

4 Likes

Lolling right now

Hi y’all, there has been some recent discussion about appropriation in the cycling industry elsewhere on this forum. If anyone here is concerned about appropriation in bike culture, maybe take a moment to reach out to the Czech company Apache Bikes and address their violations of Articles 11 and 12 of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.

Also, contact Marin bikes and share your thoughts about why promoting/profiting from the prison industrial complex is problematic.

2 Likes

that apache thing is pretty fucking apalling. clueless europeans.

1 Like

I still can’t wrap my head around the Marin thing.

It took Ibis quite a while to drop the “Tranny” name.

I don’t know if I can deal with a 65* headtube angle on a hardtail. Gonna contact Johnny Cash about this.

You can definitely get used to it.
I haven’t ridden a steeper bike in a while, but the 65* jekyll handles pretty good for slow enough stuff. Slower tech would be better on a hardtail in many instances, if for no other reason than lighter than my sled.

65° on a hardtail with a big fork isn’t as extreme as it sounds. Remember that a hardtail’s head angle steepens once you sit on the bike and the fork is sagged 20-30%.

The Apache thing is fucking awful.

San Quentin is whatever atmo. It’s not just a prison. It’s a town in Marin. My buddy is from there.

The copy explicitly references the maximum security prison.

1 Like

As someone currently writing from eastern Czech Republic, that’s on par. Minus the socialized healthcare, they’re basically Texans.

1 Like

Oh. Guess that’s what I get for not reading.

I could see the San Quentin thing being innocent given San Quentin is a neighborhood in Marin County that just so happens to have a famous prison in it. But their copy clearly shows they’re going for shitty prison jokes.

I don’t care if they name it after prisons. Whatever.

3 Likes

I think there are better things to be angry about. Sort of undermines your brand of anger to be angry about things that people can’t connect to like that.

1 Like

I’m in this camp.

1 Like