Bike blerg thread

everything should just have 10 digit alphanumeric part numbers and no common name.
Print the part number in big bold letters across the bike part and clearcoat over it

10 Likes

Everything should have a latin name that everyone has to use to refer to the object, like plants or insects do.

I see you have a handlebaro bentgrantii.

10 Likes

International Standard Bike Number

11 Likes

The LD name came later. Charlie Cunningham called them gooseneck stems.

https://cunninghambikes.com/inventions/

2 Likes

are you sure he didn’t also refer to his dick as a gooseneck?

7 Likes

what are we even talking about

The goose that laid the golden egg.

1 Like

Talking about Charlie Cunninghams dick come on

4 Likes

If memory serves, the LD name came about when some of the tubing used for those stems developed “ripples” after bending, giving them the appearance of, well, a limp dick.

Always been kinda surprised that the Crust/UR keeps going with all that stuff. Wizard’s Sleeve, Limp Dick, BJ, I dunno I don’t find it particularly funny, especially when I feel like parts of that crew would lose their shit on instagram if some mtb bro brand did the same thing.

5 Likes

No no it’s different because they are being ironic.

(sarcasm tag)

6 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of all that naming but tbh I am not a huge fan of really anything Crust is doing. Mostly just from the aesthetic of it all. Feels like some sort of credit card cool.

7 Likes

There’s definitely no shortage of stupidity.

Waiting for the Supacaz x Crust collab.

Isn’t LD stem a term that got thrown around here until very recently? Everyone’s gotta grow up sometime.

I think in this context it was as a proper noun.

Next tarck sticker should be cyclist wagging finger at bear knocking over trashcan

18 Likes

can’t believe this bear isn’t wearing a mask

4 Likes

Guess who:

And yet it doesn’t work: On loose and slippery surfaces, you lose grip before you can lean far enough to engage the corner knobs. And on smooth roads, where you can lean that far, the knobs fold over and you suddenly loose traction. That’s not just our opinion, but also that of Gerard Vroomen from OPEN Cycles…

Is there 10,000,000 other words surrounding it saying nothing?

there might be but I ain’t clicking through