Bike blerg thread

Surely Grant must partake in the devils lettuce.

image

3 Likes

Yeah, I always just took it for granted that Grant smoked the choom. What the hell else are they doing out there in the hills of Marin?

The truth is that, as I’ve said a thousand times before, the Rivendell base is inherently reactionary boomer shitheads. We all know the pothead dirtbag old hippie riders, and few or none of them have fucking Rivendells.

Well actually rivendell is in walnut creek.

This year I’m gonna try and track down grant while he’s out on a ride, catch up to him going up a hill in a stupidly low granny gear, and hand him a big ol doink at the top of the climb. I’ll report back.

10 Likes

My god you’re right

2 Likes

lolololololol

Rivendell’s refreshed customer base definitely skews reactionary now

But hey started out having a lot of boomer pothead hippies for customers, I know several of them (but the tandem is the only new purchase I know of in the last 5 years)

Fair point, but most old farts who came to Riv in the past 10-15 years probably fit my description.

Dems Riv in Disarray update: they started out the year preselling 30 tandem frames.

1 Like

Grant also sez:

Benedict is now a mobile Riv dealer, so if he tries to sell you a Hillborne in an alley it’s legit.

1 Like

So that’s $30k in the bank and gathering (not much) interest until the frame order needs to be paid for. So why fret over a < $5k shortfall at the end of last year?

Do you like losing money?

No, but if you keep crying wolf eventually nobody will listen to you and whoops it would be bad if this was the time the wolf was actually at your door.

1 Like

I don’t know if that really counts as “crying wolf”…

As long as it’s in amish

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a 26 road bike so beautiful

1 Like

The handlebar area is somewhat disturbing.

1 Like

this is true. also where did the front fender go?