Bike blerg thread

June 31st. My favorite 100% real date to ride bikes!

4 Likes

15 Likes

Was this covered and I missed it?

4 Likes

Very happy for pubes. But wowsers what a terminally online piece of clothing

2 Likes

i do wonder how many shirts theyve sold. im certainly not in any hurry to be wearing a shirt that just says PUBES on it.

11 Likes

2 for 1 socks is the killer deal there

3 Likes

I can’t really imagine the context I’d wear a pubes shirt in - walking into a country convenience store with a shirt that says PUBES is either gonna scandalize grandma or cause some chud to blow a gasket. I’m not dying to advertise my terminally-onlineness to my IRL bike friends who would get it.

3 Likes

Shifting to symbolism instead of text might be good at some point.

This is my issue with PUBES merch.

1 Like

The cartoon bikes are super fresh and I’d wear the shit out of pubes-patterned socks without the word PUBES on them. It boggles my mind that they with with the pubes word for the socks and not the cool art. Do you perceive that your clout comes from your cool art or from the word PUBES?

they even took the PUBES art from buttons that i regret making to put on the tees and socks. usually i just let them run wild with whatever design but this batch fell flat. plus i already did a run of charity bike gloves through them, so its all played out. if they ask me to do another run i hope i get to actually design them.

here’s some merch that doesn’t say pubes. but its all stupid.

5 Likes

lmao

11 Likes

pass de koutchie pon the rando ride

12 Likes

wow shit and I’ve been using my set to hold my alley cat spoke cards this whole damn time !!!

Don’t underestimate overlapping niche markets that loves BP and obscure bit characters from 90s late night television.

1 Like

5.2 eurobongs for wireless campy, super record only

2 Likes

This isn’t the badass thread

1 Like

yeah I think it’s in the right spot - the reviews I’ve read are kinda meah given the astronomical price point.

• Brakes are the same as SR12 hydros (good)
  • no power meter options yet
  • no satellite shifters yet
  • basically copying SRAM’s gearing playbook using 10t cogs
  • ditched the thumb levers
  • rear shifting speed/amount not entirely intuitive
  • front/rear der batteries are different (can’t swap them like AXS)

i rode the new super record group. its good. quick shifts, looks better in person, best brakes. makes me happy that campy is still at it

the price is ridiculous. they’re clearly targeting it toward hospital CEOs and not just doctors lol

9 Likes

This is the thing - I’m tech scum with some disposable income for stuff like this, but you can buy a whole carbon bike with carbon wheels and Di2/AXS for what this group costs, and on paper it’s got a bunch of head scratchers compared to DA/Red.

1 Like