Bike blerg thread

so a few things here

• no power meter, but the dude designing (keith wakefield) is one of the best in the biz. will probably be astronomically priced yet again.
  • was told there would be wireless satellite shifters, but like most stuff here sram and shimano have a million patents around there stuff that forces campag to do things differently.
  • shifting is better than AXS. better gearing too, though i would prefer the shimano style of bigger cogs and chainrings.
  • thumb lever is gone, but the inside of each shift lever has a button. campagnolo says they can (and likely will) make this configurable to be a shifter. as it stands you can adjust your derailleur trim as you ride with these buttons or use them to control your cycling computer
  • buttons not intuitive at all. i missed my shifts very often. buttons are fully configurable in the app tho. i would likely make the paddles like sram at the top with one button to control the front derailleur.
  • batteries cant be swapped because sram has a patent on that (lol). they say 45 minutes for a 90 percent charge; i timed it and got 50 percent in 10 minutes of charging.

not trying to sound like an apologist here. i wouldn’t buy it with my own money as constituted. but chorus wireless? maybe

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that super record is the ultra-lux option and has always had a silly MSRP, but by the time you add a power meter to chorus wireless, I bet it approaches 4 bongs :confused:

I do appreciate the reviews/opinions from people that have ridden it, because it’ll probably be a while before I see any of it in person.

I am hoping for a wireless Ekar option though :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

yeah. ill just say that there’s a decent chance that my next drop bar bike won’t have campagnolo.

wireless for gravel/bikepacking will come “if there’s market demand” is what they told me. but there will be new things coming there soon. not replacements, more supplements to existing kit

I’m curious if chainring spacing changed
Also chorus wireless in 2-3 years sounds like about the time @Eric_Estlund has his shop up and running RIGHT?

1 Like

Furthermore, given Campagnolo has decreased the BCD on the new Super Record crankset, it is bad news for those hoping for cross compatibility with the existing EPS 12 speed 53:39 chainrings. Campagnolo admitted that both the existing cassettes and chainrings are technically compatible with the new groupset but repeatedly warned that mismatched new and old components will result in 1) decreased performance and 2) less optimal ratios. In fact, the existing 12 speed derailleur is entirely incompatible with the new 10:25 cassette.

Wireless Veloce when?!?

1 Like

No thumb lever = why bother with campagnolo

2 Likes

Aesthetically, the hanger and link are so skinny and out of proportion. Did it skip leg day?

1 Like

Hahahaha.

I finally got a couple folks to call me back. So we’ll see.

Buy my wireless knives have no battery issues.

8 Likes

The complete opposite of the new sram system.

3 Likes

Davide Campagnolo, grandson of founder Tullio, says the product marks a commitment from the brand to a category he calls ‘sports luxury,’

lol

1 Like

you guys replacing little springs in your shifters were so cute but we want to cater to the people who have the money to give us

2 Likes

I’ve thought for awhile that Campy should really put out a few groups that are just pretty. Not breaking ground in tech or weight savings, just really pretty. That area has been lacking for too long imo.

10 Likes

Make an 11/12 speed group that looks like the 10-speed era dangler/pusher and cash in on the retro-mod scene.

3 Likes

I guess this can go here

@igor sent me a bunch of super rad VO stickers, including this one which might be the best bike sticker I’ve ever gotten. It’s so good I need to save it for a better bike

24 Likes

Wtf i just bought a frame from @igor and didn’t get a Kook™️ sticker!

Someone shamed Igor into sending stickers when I bought my fenders, I tried to convince him not to but he sent them in a separate package regardless.

Igor for mod 2024

6 Likes

that goes so unbelievably hard

4 Likes

yeah excellent sticker Igor

4 Likes

sticker envy over here @igor, that’s very rad