I had a Moulton Double Pylon and they actually aren’t that great to ride. The theory is great but the suspension is just not responsive enough to provide the same feel and confidence of wider low pressure tires.
As it turns out the prices go up on them so fast that they are one of the few bikes that actually also serves as a high-return investment, which was great when I decided to sell. People are so crazy about Moultons that the buyer flew in from Germany and picked it up in person.
Yeah so, uh, I guess I’m a little late to the party, but re: the Ultraromace/Riv topic: Was reading the RBW google groups thread about which, and the younger guy had written:
it’s been really great to see Bene (as well as Crust, the Radavist, a multitude of other fellow white dudes on bikes) grow into handling the issues of inclusion, representation and challenging the status quo.
To which wears-his-religion-on-his-sleeve, whole-hog-reenactment-bro Deacon Patrick replies:
What in the world does being born with an inny or an outty and being unhappy about it have to do with cycling? Religion? Sure. Science? Youbetcha. Politics. Aye. Sigh. But, here, cycling? No. Please. No. Let us not be inclusive of being so wildly inclusive as to be exclusive and devisive. Let’s stay focused on Riv and cycling please.
Gross. Checked a little further into this dude’s whole thing, and apparently he’s written some e-books, available on Amazon. About the most recent, Ecsodus Vision, one reviewer writes:
This book blew my mind for its innovation and creativity in viewing current feminist secular ideology and its fall-out effect on self, partner and Marriage.
Bummer of a reveal for me, as I’ve read and enjoyed his cycling blog on more than one occasion. The most recent one on boiled wool and fishnet underwear, for instance, was a deep dive into stuff that appeals to me and wasn’t on my radar prior. He’s apparently got a TBI that led to permanent vertigo thus necessitating fixed gear full time, or something like that. Interesting dude on a handful of levels. Sorry he’s a cunt IRL.
Same here. Read a bunch if his blog posts and interacted on posts here and there. Then I read some of his links to the writing he does for his church - all man is the master, wonan should be obedient nonsense. He has also expressed the “I love gay people even though they are sinners acting against gawd’s will” sentiments in some posts.