Bike blerg thread

huh, I always thought Wheels Mfg was a Q brand.

themoreyouknow.gif

1 Like

You could confuse it for one. It’ll be interesting to see if they keep manufacturing in the US (likely for now, I think), and if Wheels becomes Q-exclusive (also likely, after a year or two).

It’s Beto.

And I’m more interested in what bag he’s wearing.

I met a couple a few weekends back who swore theirs had so little drag that you could effectively increase your range massively by riding it like a normal bike. That was the main criteria in buying that brand. I can’t recall the brand but this ebike hype suggest Brose.

I think they made the redesign for 2018, so maybe it wasn’t a huge improvement. The original design had a large gear that transferred power from the motor to the crank, and with the new model it has changed to a direct drive. It was having to turn that transfer gear while pedaling normally that caused them to have that sluggish feel.

That was my suspicion.

Direct drive would be interesting to test ride. Too bad that dealer is out of business now.

Don’t think I’ve seen a bike locally with Brose.

Apparently Brose been making windscreen wiper motors since Adam was a cowboy saw they have some background.

SS (not fixed) with rear brake only? Really calls his judgement into question.

4 Likes

old bstone and a steamroller? Beto lurking tarck circa 2012?

1 Like

Not with that rusty stack on it

TC pretty sure I knew what this meant but had to look it up anyway

That Twitter thread is good for helmet laughs. That he owns at least 2 bikes, and rides them, is enough for my vote. I’m a single issue voter.

4 Likes

I have some terrible news for you about George W Bush. Dude has multiple Sycip MTBs

4 Likes

Seems like he’s precluded from running again, but if he throws his hat in the ring I’ll judge the bike pics he posts online and form a decision.

1 Like

I read his father was killed by a car, while riding a recumbent. I can’t even make a joke about that.

Stop.

You know I’m only foolin. Got the too stiff on there now and it ain’t coming off unless I’m changing headset cups.

beto would be better running against cornyn in 2020 for tex senate. he can be pres later and then we can re-examine his bikes…

2 Likes

This is the obvious answer and it’s why he’s going to squander all his goodwill and burn out immediately after Iowa.

2 Likes