Bike blog thread

No.

And much to my dismay, a good friend of mine is currently building a romanceur in the most “radavist” fashion. I’ve tried many a time to steer him the Tarck™ way on this build, but no, he wants the rene herse cranks and the klampers and the campy.

It’s going to be the perfect $6000 shitshow, and the Prolly types are going to eat it up. He’s already hitting my up with parts compatibility conundrums to solve, and I can’t because some of this shit just isn’t supposed to be smanged together. He’s completely addicted to the Prolly kool-aid.

yuppies want a way to buy friends

the rapha club model makes it really explicit, but there are a TON of versions

important that it not necessitate competing or cooperating, and especially not developing so traditional racing teams are outre

I used to see this guy on a serotta with ergo bars turned WAY too far down

[quote=JUGE FREDD]yuppies want a way to buy friends

important that it not necessitate competing or cooperating, and especially not developing so traditional racing teams are outre[/quote]

Oh god capitalism is an unceasing nightmare.

[quote=kmcdon]
It takes something like 45mph for someone to spin out 50x11? I run 53 or 52x11 on my road bikes and I don’t spin out until I’m over 50mph, to the point of being borderline irresponsible about it.[/quote]

For me it’s not about spinning out the gear. I want to comfortably put out medium power or so without a higher cadence, especially on long rides. I can drop into 53/11 on longer descents and still keep an easy cadence to maintain speed. I love my big gears so a double will be on all my roadish bikes.

[quote=deadforkinglast]
The challenge of squeezing a pusher onto my CG with its short chainstays and tight clearances did make it a bit clearer to me why people are going 1x on gravel bikes, but I am glad that I can run a pusher and won’t be changing that any time soon on that bike.[/quote]

Which generation? My CG can fit 48mm Gravel King SKs (50mm) and I still have a big Di2 Ultegra pusher in there. I can also run fenders with 42mm tires.

^i think it was more of a problem with the last generation of shimano 9000/6800/5800 with the long swing arm fd.

[quote=JUGE FREDD]yuppies want a way to buy friends

important that it not necessitate competing or cooperating, and especially not developing so traditional racing teams are outre[/quote]
Hey now, at least the ralphie club comes with some tangible benefits- like free coffee.

Put that same money into klampers and all you get is one wheel worth of shitty braking.

lol what a wanker

I don’t want to know who stated that banality and about what, because it makes me brain hurt to acknowledge its existence.

bikes have always seemed pretty incidental to prolly’s brand. maybe he becomes a hare krishna?

lol what a wanker[/quote]
and when realizing he was just too good for this world
he began to rise up
blessed with light
and as he descended back to our pedestrian earth
his hair part faded
and ascended from the top of his skull
long blond hair
that already hasn’t been washed in weeks
and the most pretentious delicate
circle rimmed glasses
perched his nose.

lol what a wanker[/quote]

While quite prosaic, the author’s notion of Straight Edge has been picking up again in popular culture. I don’t find it that surprising, since there seems to be a shift to sobriety in public opinion, even if it’s only for health reasons.

At the races I go to, the ratio of consumption of seltzer water to beer seems to be around 1:1. Granted, I was too old for the fixed gear Sparks/4LOKO scene, and booze always made my legs feel heavy. I don’t feel the hate, I guess.

I miss the lolz that the summer of sparks gave me. Riding with friends charged up on booze, caffeine and too much sugar was always a hoot.

Preprohibition 4loko was shrouded in backout mystery. Who knew what happened after drinking the bad decision juice

I knew!

I still have a spicy 4 loko somewhere.

Aged to perfection!

The dandelion wine for the millennial generation.

EJ had one of those. Aged 4+ years. We drank it the day before they moved out of town. We couldn’t tell if the flavor was due to being well past the expiration date or if it was the original intent.

atmo, I would need to be already drunk to be able to drink a whole 4loko.