Bike Products Which Exist, But Which One Wishes Did Not

Top right has clip-on aeros for that use case where you showed up to the nude beach ride but it was actually a time trial.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the german cyclotourists with the Rohloff.

1 Like

My commute is litered with butterfly bars. They must be standard issue on 50% of the bieks sold here

We call them Deutsch bars over here

This guy looks like a dude you’d get drunk with somewhere in southeast asia and then forget his name the next day.

1 Like

Nah, the people who do that are usually not likely to ever really ride a bike. They prefer dressing like dirtbags and carrying everything they own in a 80L backpack while being driven around in tuk tuks.

They’re hideous bars but they seemed really popular with the pre-social-media dirtbag touring types. I’d routinely see them on filthy bikes with gripshifted-Altus drivetrains that did 500+ miles a week for months on end.

Well, they still suck.

1 Like

Like I respect him for his hardness but not his gear style decisions.

the only tarck approved bars are standard drop bars or flat bars atmo

Various type of swept-back townie bars are permitted and perhaps encouraged on 26" mountain-to-city bike conversions.

1 Like

The bullmoose bars on my 26" mountain-to-city bike conversion are A+.

Risers are also fine.

tarck approved database is that way…

*nudls are fine

1 Like

Nah, they’re fuckin great!

1 Like

I was guilty of butterfly bars before I knew any better - they were what the MB-3 I bought off some old dude came with. They gave me nerve damage in one of my hands, and debilitating cringe-cramps whenever I think about riding around on them.

Some dude came into the shop in spring and paid to have his pretty decent drop bar GT touring rig converted into a butterfly bar bike. It was like my own private hell, being forced to ruin a perfectly good bike with my own bikesin.

It killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssssssssss me when people ask me about them because they “want more hand positions”

1 Like

Yeeeeeesssss let it flow through you. Let it bathe over your body.

1 Like

From Merry Sales. Cost will be $200.

42447159_2040681439329117_1268721583912910848_n 42513332_2040681445995783_4377932294493569024_n

1 Like

WHYYYYYYYY.gif

3 Likes