Bike Storage

naw that’s the triathlete edition[/quote]

lol

Finally took a photo of the hung rebar (taped over with blue painters tape) that I hung above the bikes to get wheels & tires out of the way.
The rebar pivots from the end near the window and can be lowered with a piece of string & some S-hooks. Ideally I’d like to get rid of 90% of the crap hanging.

Also check out the curtains I put up to obscure the windows when I’m not around. I had some old IKEA curtain runners & old curtains made from bedsheets (thanks mom!). They both magically fit perfectly with the barn doors.

Tires and Wheels now hanging by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

I am jealous of your heater. I need one of those.

I’m jealous of the garage as a whole

Yeah it is also significantly larger than mine. Trying not to be jealous of size because it’s really just about how you use it right?

I hope so. I’m making the transition from this:

To this:

Andrew, I like the white painted everything. I’m doing that for sure, so done with dark walls.

Yeah. Especially the doors and the light painted interior really make it look like a nice space to work in.

Thanks y’all.
I kinda wish I owned the house because I realized I’ve been putting too much time and money into a garage I wont occupy forever.

The heater is great but I think I need to install a modern fan behind the coils to replace the built-in fan that is apparently seized?
This is the first time i’ve used the heater and really worried about the electricity bill next month, we will see what happens.

I think my favorite part about the garage is the full size fluorescent lamp fixtures, multiple light sockets & plentiful wall sockets.

My least favorite part is the THREE leaks in the roof. :colbert: The landlord promised to patch them but i’m skeptical. Current solution is strategically placed buckets that require emptying. 2/3 of them sit right over the work bench which is unfortunate.

I’m almost done cleaning the work bench, excited to show you guys how huge it its (almost the entire length of the garage!!).

On Saturday I re-purposed an old stereo system & brought it back to life. I bought it back in 1999 for my first PC build before college. It was so cool because it had a knob/button control box that would sit in one of the drive bays.
I re-purposed a little sub-woofer/control/power stand out of an old footstool my mom made in high-school shop class back in the 60s. Mounted the controls inside with all of the power supplies and cable bundles. Looks kinda absurd but works and sounds great!

I may have the stupidest space for bike storage.

It’s just short enough that I cant stand them up vertically. I’ve hung them so that the front wheel is off the bike. If ANYONE has a better idea of how to stuff bikes in there I’m game. Currently at 2 for the lady and 4 for me.

Front to back 2 wheels on hooks?

tried it. I can only fit 4 bikes in there that way, and it totally kills the storage space in back with luggage and shit
If I take the frt wheel off, and hook the rear to the ceiling and hang them out, my BB-saddle height is so much that it takes the whole fucking storage space. long legged problems, man.

Hang by the saddle. They will naturally hang front wheel down at a nice angle.

Looks fuxor’d no matter what you do in that narrow of a space with all the storage in back. Real talk you need to commit to using it just for storage and a functional open space for bike repair. Rent a storage space for bikes you don’t expect to use for a couple months?

New carpet that’s waterproof, so I don’t ruin the wood floors by bringing in the bikes after rain.

Not shown:
Fatbiek - at LBS
Vaya - in the suitcase in my attic storage space

made some bike storage

middle bike is house bike, left two are mine and right two are sup’s, and we have one of those metal two-bike racks in our bedroom.

Should find a way to store wheels & tires too. A pipe or somesuch mounted orthogonal to a wall is an obvious choice, would just have to find an appropriate spot. (side of the rack would be neat but I’m trying to insulate common spaces from my bike mess)

[quote=balooon]made some bike storage

middle bike is house bike, left two are mine and right two are sup’s, and we have one of those metal two-bike racks in our bedroom.[/quote]
Looks like this thing needs a double header.

[quote=Rusty Piton]

Looks like this thing needs a double header.[/quote]

yeah I thought if the bow got much worse I’d do that, but so far it hasn’t. is wait & see a bad idea?

don’t just double up, screw another 2X flatwise to the back side cos rigidity

Yea, make a T outa them