BMX/Awesome thread

Halbritt requested a BMX thread and nominated me to start it so here it is.
Ask dumb questions, post craigslist ads, post pics and videos etc.
I’ll post a pic of my bike and a parts list later. I was also going to post a video but the one I wanted to post got taken down.

This will have to do.

dumb question:
I’m looking for a BMX that is decent (don’t wanna spend too much $) that is a complete bike. If you can point me in the direction for something like that, that would be great.

(glad this thread was made)

i thought about getting a bmx bike… but then i realized i had no money for a decent one.

ELIMINATED!!!

[quote=maKdoo]dumb question:
I’m looking for a BMX that is decent (don’t wanna spend too much $) that is a complete bike. If you can point me in the direction for something like that, that would be great.

(glad this thread was made)[/quote]

what’s the most you can spend

iknorite?

im in debt so i cant spend anything right now :confused:

maKdoo, generally bmx completes are pretty much crap and will bend very quickly under the abuse of a strong rider (saw a fork bent and bent back twice in one night for this dude riding his roommate’s bike). What you should do is set a budget for yourself and start scouring craigslist (ebay too if you roll that way), just post links here and I’m sure we can help out.

[quote=mailer][quote=maKdoo]dumb question:

what’s the most you can spend[/quote]

um for a bmx I’m going to say $500 tops but maybe a little less then that.

[quote=maKdoo][quote=mailer][quote=maKdoo]dumb question:

um for a bmx I’m going to say $500 tops but maybe a little less then that.[/quote]

500$ gets you so much bike these days. how tall are you?

[quote=mailer][quote=maKdoo][quote=mailer][quote=maKdoo]dumb question:

um for a bmx I’m going to say $500 tops but maybe a little less then that.[/quote]

500$ gets you so much bike these days. how tall are you?[/quote]

Good to know. I’m 5’8 and I only weight like 140

http://www.danscomp.com/101506.php?cat=BIKES

this is the best that’s in stock at dans. a lot of the 2010’s aren’t out yet but if you want to get something now this is probably the best for the cash/setup/weight. the top tube length makes it for people 5’7-5’11", but ymmv

It is very possible to get something used but better off cl for under $400 and without giving in to the danscomp chokehold.

[quote=mailer]http://www.danscomp.com/101506.php?cat=BIKES

this is the best that’s in stock at dans. a lot of the 2010’s aren’t out yet but if you want to get something now this is probably the best for the cash/setup/weight. the top tube length makes it for people 5’7-5’11", but ymmv[/quote]

I’ll browse around. Are certain companies better than others?

Yeah I’m currently looking on craigslist and found this. Idk if its good or not:
http://stockton.craigslist.org/bik/1382762194.html

Chokehold eh? Am i going to stress out if I order something from this site? 0_0

yeah i know, i usually order from empire but to be honest dan’s carries everything. empire carries fits whose completes aren’t that great. this isn’t even full 4130. this kink is great but i doubt he wants to be brakeless.

verde stuff looks great and you can get awesome completes for 500$. ask your local shop or call Goods in portland.

dan’s comp has everything you could ever want bmx wise, but they have a history of shady operations that goes back to the mid 90s. plus since they carry everything and anything you probably won’t get the dedicated service you’d get at places like empire, goods, albe’s, staff, etc

Yeah I’d like a brake but can manage without one. Appreciate all the links and trying to decide. Also $500 was my max so if you know of any cheaper bikes let me know :colbert:

there are cheaper but you get what you pay for. the verde stuff looks awesome and are set up awesome. at 499$ they’re the best completes. plus i’m fairly sure they’re based out of portland for max tarck.

haha hell yeah. Guess that’s the way to go. Appreciate the advice.

also you won’t need a detangler (gyro if you please), and most bikes that come with detanglers aren’t really worth your dollar.