BMX/Awesome thread

oh, also realize that completes come at different price points mainly for parents and kids who don’t need much and won’t really do tricks. i like the verdes because they’re well spec’d at 499$ and with a weight of a custom bike or a higher priced complete. you can get cheaper just think about what you want to do. do you want to learn tricks? also would it be easier for you to spend a hundred bucks more to drop 3-5 pounds off a complete at the start instead of spending 200+ to do it later?

detanglers are a nightmare for people who have never seen one before

Mainly was going to use it to mess around and do some tricks. Ride it a couple times a week probably.

Mainly was going to use it to mess around and do some tricks. Ride it a couple times a week probably.[/quote]

yeah i would recommend the verde. the weight might help you stick with it.

Mainly was going to use it to mess around and do some tricks. Ride it a couple times a week probably.[/quote]

yeah i would recommend the verde. the weight might help you stick with it.[/quote]

That luxe is nice. Diggin it.

went to a party last night, was shown this on my ipod:

steven hamilton is so sick.

about to go ride bmx. so stoked. gonna put my brakes back on and get rad! i think i might need a new brake cable though. i’ll get a picture of my bike today.

[quote=conor]went to a party last night, was shown this on my ipod:

[/quote]

Couldn’t finish it. I hate the lens too much. It makes my head hurt.

im 6’7" and 160lbs. what size bmx do i need? i really want a fun trick bike. should i just go for a trials style bike?

http://macneilbmx.com/products/frames/deuce_09/

or you could get a 24" cruiser like the sunday

I don’t think sol has ever spent more than a hundred dollars on a bike. Probably, he’ll just get something from walmart.

motobacon for 100 sounds like good deal to me :stuck_out_tongue:

so what’s the general opinion of plastic pedals round these parts? i was thinking of getting the color changing ones. probably green to match my brake cable for the matchy points.

plastic pedals don’t grip as well as metal pedals, however, i run them because they hurt slightly less when they hit your shin

pussy.

plus light.

but my stipulation is that i will never run them unless they have leds in them.

i think the plastic pedals are now in the catagory ‘if it becomes a problem, i’ll buy it’
it joins microdrive. palping ‘retro’ 44 16

whats wrong with those hubs where you dont have to pedal when you roll backwards?

They’re called freecoasters. They’re expensive, cheesy, and delicate.