Brooks Saddle Appreciation Thread

truth. ass hatchet ftl

[quote=saintstoffel]I like my b17, but I could never get the angle just right, either I felt like I was slipping forward, or my balls were being separated from each other and then smashed into my thigh. So I drilled some holes and laced it to take out some of the valley. Works great, my wrists and testis are happy.

[/quote]

Reppin the tarck stickers i see… Ive stickered up my seat post as well, and ive also greased it! yayyy.

My friend’s got a light brown b17…on his basically stock ebay fixed gear… :colbert:

i mean it’s just personal taste… i’ve seen bikes that look great with them. but it’s just kind of a gross color to me, sort of pukey, or like baseball mitt-esque. i like my leathers to be chocolate brown or black, personally.

good reply

^^ hey is that my B17 I sold on ebay?
damn comfy huh?

whats a cheapo replacement for the brooks proofide?

Here’s the Brooks B17 on my Surly LHT, it has about 2000 miles on it:

Here’s the Brooks B17 Champion Special on my FG, it has about 600 miles on it:

Chris

Sno-seal is pretty good. Avoid anything oil based.

i just won a brooks saddle on the bay. what is proofhide and why would i use it?

this is the one i won

i appreciate mine,

still in box, and under my bed
(waiting to go on new bike)

what is your feeling on the proofide stuff??
do it or dont bother?

I use it. It’s not like you’ll use a lot of it, might as well use the product Brooks wants you to use on it. With two saddles, the can I bought two years ago is still more than half full. I used it too much with the first saddle or I’d have even more left.

Chris

what is the point of proofhide? i know some things about leather products, but what does proofhide do?

ugly, f brooks

yea! I like my saddles so small and aero that you could fit them in your butt.

yea! I like my saddles so small and aero that you could fit them in your butt.[/quote]
my saddles do not fit in my butt, and they feel great!

yea! I like my saddles so small and aero that you could fit them in your butt.[/quote]
my saddles do not fit in my butt, and they feel great![/quote]

Too each his own.

I don’t know exactly. It smells kind of like saddle soap. I think it has some cleaners, conditioners, etc in it.

Chris

Holding a brooks in one hand and a modern saddle in the other, it’s kind of amazing the weight difference. I can only imagine what it’s like with one of those spring loaded ones.

Anyone have any tips for reducing the annoying squeaks a brooks will make when hitting potholes, pedaling hard, etc? Is that a result of the leather, or the tensioning thing, or something else? I’ve been loathe to blast it with oil/grease for obvious reasons…

i cant wait for mah saddle. so i can retire mah san marco rolls