Burrito Supreme: The Ultimate MiniVelo

I’ve never owned a fat bike so the extent of my q factor/clearance knowledge is slim. Is 83mm a DH bb width?

Also here is the bikeCAD with some pertinent measurements, for those who wish to dither:

1 Like

Very/kinda different from what you’re building and way out of date, but might have some helpful angles re: bb spacing idk

have doom bars or oddity make you a batch of ultra risey bars to go with each frameset. like bmx bars but more sweepy.

1 Like

+

6 Likes

Radpower has some fenders and cycletruck racks that might be adaptable too.

Was looking for Kronan racks but those might do the trick

@drwelby @jimmythefly I was under the impression folks were looking for welded rack mounts on the headtube but it looks like C-bolt attachment is kosher yeah? As long as there’s enough space between the top and down tubes?

whatever works, but if you want to design mounts and racks that’s cool too

I think round 1 will use off-the-shelf stuff, and if it catches on, then think about headtube mounts and custom bars and such.

@BicyclePears did you order and build up just 1 of the gravel bike, and then tweak things for the larger run of 20-30 that people pre-ordered?

1 Like

Rad Power has a rack, might be able to adapt square tubing stock to fit it:

I missed this on my initial read - definitely want this for frame bag and cable routing synergy

1 Like

I wonder if this mount could be considered a “standard” to adopt

Should Tarckbear Consulting LLC acquire the US distribution rights to Steco?

2 Likes

a fancypants approach:

correct.

Those guys make some cool and interesting stuff.

1 Like

There are lots of tube clamps that are nice than uggo U-bolts. I’m thinking of aluminum motorsports clamps meant for roll cages and such, but there are also some good industrial options. Most of the racks pictured could be mounted to a head tube with these clamps, just gotta check compatibility with head tube ID and also considering the DT junction how high the rack would ride over the front tire.

Tho if zits are cheap it might just be worth adding a set of bottle bosses on each side of the head tube?

I wouldn’t want HT rack mounts to be M5

1 Like

Oh yeah, I didn’t think that through.

Was googling for something else and came across this. I dunno, seems like it belongs here?

2 Likes