buying a new wheelset

[quote=“mihlbach”][quote=“halbritt”]
AFAIK, the OP is the most decent box-section on the market.[/quote]

Not really. They are notorious for developing cracks around the eyelets and other problems.[/quote]

Notorious? Been reading road-bike review too much? Seriously, what better box section rims are on the market?

[quote=“halbritt”][quote=“mihlbach”][quote=“halbritt”]
AFAIK, the OP is the most decent box-section on the market.[/quote]

Not really. They are notorious for developing cracks around the eyelets and other problems.[/quote]

Notorious? Been reading road-bike review too much? Seriously, what better box section rims are on the market?[/quote]

The complaints come from several sources. The OP is simply not an outstanding rim, at least not anymore. There are plenty of options that are probably just as good as an OP, if not better, at similar or lower cost.

which ones specifically?

[quote=“mihlbach”]

The complaints come from several sources. The OP is simply not an outstanding rim, at least not anymore. There are plenty of options that are probably just as good as an OP, if not better, at similar or lower cost.[/quote]
You are fucking dumb. OPs are the defacto good box section rim. The DT Swiss RR 1.1 might be slightly better but it isn’t by much. It is strong, light weight, and good looking.

Really, you are fucking dumb.

[quote=“anomaly”][quote=“mihlbach”]
The complaints come from several sources. The OP is simply not an outstanding rim, at least not anymore. There are plenty of options that are probably just as good as an OP, if not better, at similar or lower cost.[/quote]

You are fucking dumb. OPs are the defacto good box section rim. The DT Swiss RR 1.1 might be slightly better but it isn’t by much. It is strong, light weight, and good looking.[/quote]

Are you part of some fundamentalist Mavic rim cult or something, because thats what you sound like. Its a fucking rim, not an idol. Its not the best anymore…period. You just said yourself that the DT Swiss rim is better.

[quote=“mihlbach”][quote=“anomaly”][quote=“mihlbach”]

You are fucking dumb. OPs are the defacto good box section rim. The DT Swiss RR 1.1 might be slightly better but it isn’t by much. It is strong, light weight, and good looking.[/quote]

Are you part of some fundamentalist Mavic rim cult or something, because thats what you sound like. Its a fucking rim, not an idol. Its not the best anymore…period. You just said yourself that the DT Swiss rim is better.[/quote]
Having a rim be slightly better doesn’t make the OP a bad rim. You are talking about it like it’s a piece of shit.

Also the number of OP on the road with 20+k miles over other rims has to be very high. That will lead to more failures than you would otherwise see.

Try reading my posts again, genious.

Try reading my posts again, genious.[/quote]
quoted for ironic spelling error

So what I’m hearing is that the CXP 22/formula is a pretty good set up, huh?
I’m really thinking about a new wheelset to replace my Vuelta wheels, mostly because I want a double fix rear.

cxp22s to formulas are solid. i got mine for $100 and the only reason i’d get a new wheelset would be if i eventually got deep v’s

a friend of mine just crashed his OP’s, like fucking destroyed them. the eyelets and spokes remained intact even after the rims were completely deformed.