Calling Tzusing!!

what about the h+ frame?

what about the 650b rumor?

previously he’s repeatedly stated that 650b and tubular rims wouldn’t sell in enough quantity to justify production costs.

tubular rims i can get, because they would require a totally different extrusion die (and all the related engineering for strength and weight)
650b is a different story. they can be made with minimal changes to tooling and fixturing
im convinced the market would support them, coz face it
the VO rims suck compared to the hplusses
someone needs to step up and front the first order in one color and spoke count only.
hard ano 32’s atmo

I’m down for a set.

doug, you forget that i have flash welding mold which is very expensive because of the type of material (not going into specifics here) needed to make mold that can make a nice strong joint. see how that can add up now?
Been trying to get in touch with the bicycle quarterly people but no response. You guys should write them

Heath, 23 wide makes the old 19 wide 700c weight standard different. If this rim was 19 wide it would be under 450 grams 4 sure.

I’m fucking with you. Post the profile?

tzu, I wasn’t aware that 650b would require a different set up for the rim joint.
what kind of initial run would be required to make it worthwhile?
there are people waiting for a quality, good looking rim to try 650b, myself included.

truckdoug’s gonna be a 650bro? what has this world come to?!

obabbyuknoiliekdat

even dirtbags like larp-bikes

[quote=truckdoug]tubular rims i can get, because they would require a totally different extrusion die (and all the related engineering for strength and weight)
650b is a different story. they can be made with minimal changes to tooling and fixturing
im convinced the market would support them, coz face it
the VO rims suck compared to the hplusses
someone needs to step up and front the first order in one color and spoke count only.
hard ano 32’s atmo[/quote]

Funny you’re talking about 650B right now.

I am currently in discussion with a rim manufacturer about some high-performance 650B rims, and I currently have a test set that are being built into wheels. They will be silver/clear anodized, about 24 mm wide, and weigh 370 g–so a pair will weigh around 200 g less than a set of Grand Bois. I wouldn’t mind black or grey sidewalls, but let’s face it if I’m going to sell 650B rims most people prefer silver.

I need to ride them a few thousand miles before making up my mind because I have to commit to 200-500 rims to get it done. Even at wholesale that’s a chunk of change. If it happens, they will be sold through a small shop with an internet presence.

What do you all think of a 38-42 mm tire on a 20 mm wide rim? Would that bother you? If I could use a 20 mm rim I could get it done a hell of a lot faster.

Fuck that. But I’m not currently in the market for 650b rims, so I’m not the target audience here.

I can try to charm Jan into it but I highly doubt he’d show any interest for a number of reasons. Your best bet by far is with Rivendell.

[quote=Stupid]I am currently in discussion with a rim manufacturer about some high-performance 650B rims, and I currently have a test set that are being built into wheels. They will be silver/clear anodized, about 24 mm wide, and weigh 370 g–so a pair will weigh around 200 g less than a set of Grand Bois. I wouldn’t mind black or grey sidewalls, but let’s face it if I’m going to sell 650B rims most people prefer silver.

I need to ride them a few thousand miles before making up my mind because I have to commit to 200-500 rims to get it done. Even at wholesale that’s a chunk of change. If it happens, they will be sold through a small shop with an internet presence.

What do you all think of a 38-42 mm tire on a 20 mm wide rim? Would that bother you? If I could use a 20 mm rim I could get it done a hell of a lot faster.[/quote]

Setting up cantilevers on a short brake track gets really damn aggravating with that kind of tire/rim width disparity. A 38mm Pari-Moto on a 23mm ZTR355 is borderline annoying, but a 54mm Racing Ralph on the same rim makes me want to kill myself trying to line up the pads fully on the rim but not rubbing the tire at any point in their arc. Then when the rim got crunched it being out of true made the tire rub the pad directly, and tear a sidewall cut in just a few revolutions.

If a new extrusion is involved I’d honestly go to at least 25mm, with maybe 28 as the upper limit. The Mavic Module 4 was 26mm back in the day.

h plus son x riv collabo. if nothing else one of the funniest stylistic collabos to date.

or maybe Merry Sales. they’re committed to the Soma B-Line tire (and B-Side frame, as well as the Riv collabo San Marcos) and they distribute Pari-Motos, but I don’t think they have a 650b rim.

now there is some fucking thinking ^