cheap cromo cross frames: crosscheck, c'mute or ?????

yeah I ordered online and didn’t have any site issues; bummer

word

thanks for the input. 99.99% sure im getting the pake now

no problem dude.

not that you won’t, but post pics when you build 'er up

heads up: there’s a 60cm xcheck frameset on the serotta forums. in red!

just registered on serotta forums and im trying to post or message the guy with the x-check but i guess i need to wait for an admin to activate my account…?
can someone message the guy ad give him my email address? jnelsonvw@yahoo.com

just pm’d the dude with your info.

thanks

if you can get a shophookup through that one common source there is no reason to not buy a cmute. veryvery cheap

I just bought a crosscheck, but that cmute looks nice.

spaghetti, you that one dude that used to live in Indy but moved to Chicago? You back in Indiana?

yeah im that dude
chicago forever
indiana lives on in my heart… also forever

anyone with a shop hookup wanna get me a c’mute before i try to scrape the money together for the x-check on serotta forums?

i am currently communicating via electronic mail with the guy from the serotta bicycle internet message board service about purchasing his red 60cm surly crosscheck bicycle and then having him ship it to my house… we’ll see how it goes.

Nice. Well, if anyone else is interested in the Cmute, I know a lot of people (probably 8 or 9) who ride them. Three of my good friends ride them every day. A few of the people I know who all bought their frames within a certain time period had a problem with the canti bosses not being completely level, but they’ve all just dealt with it and it’s worked out fine, much to my surprise. My friend bought a Cmute intending to replace it when he could afford something nicer, but ended up riding down the entire west coast of the US from British Columbia to San Diego (or Mexico, I can’t remember) and now rides it every day from Embarcadero BART to SFSU with no plans to replace it, even though he could easily afford a nicer frame if he wanted one. Solid frame, especially for the money.

cool, so either way i will have a pretty nice bike.

the x-check with a king headset will come out to $335 to my door, or $260 for the c’mute. if i get the money together in time im getting the x-check and hocking the headset on ebay and getting a cheapo $15 one because they pretty much do the same damn thing.

I love those red x-checks. Buddy at shop has one and we x-check together sometimes. Then Blue Oyster Cult’s “Teh Red and the Black” plays in my head and it’s awesome.

sounds like good clean family fun. anyone in the bay with an x-check wanna x-check together?

Does that mean you got it?

waiting on some money to arrive later this week and then im gonna be getting something. because my current commuter is disassembled to be sold and i will need something to ride.

one big problem just came to my attention though, this x-check does not have dt shifter bosses, instead it has cable stops… fuck…

fuck fuck fuck fuck…

maybe i should get those jagwire jobbies and run barcons…? or strip my road bike and put my 105/ultegra on it? fuck, i dont want to lock up a bike with nice parts…

Can’t you put DT shifters onto those bosses?

on the xcheck, it’s not thread-on/bolt-on bosses, just cable stops.