Cheap Tires

If you aren’t worried about supporting local business there are still plenty of places that beat Performance’s prices.

And it sucks for you that you don’t have a shop with dudes.

Yes, PBK is the place to buy tires. Their prices are lower than most bike shop’s cost.

What the hell is a “shop with dudes”?

It’s very similar to a “shop with bros.”

I try to stay out of shops with dudes.

I shop for the most part at local bike shops, though. People often just assume that the internet has the best price. After shipping, a lot of stuff is comparable. If I ask, most of the shops in the area will at least try to meet a price point. Nobody can match PBK on tires, though. I don’t know how they do it.

too much truth

dude, please don’t shop there, esp. in these times. Stop being a twat and support an LBS[/quote]

Why should an LBS get special consideration? … and generally feel pretty meh about the process.[/quote]

Of course shops make the best profit off complete bikes and big purchases, but buying small staff like tires also brings in a lot of revenue. esp stuff like tubes, where the mark-up is like 500% or whatever.

Regardless, I like to support local business whenever possible.

double post, doh

dude, please don’t shop there, esp. in these times. Stop being a twat and support an LBS[/quote]

Why should an LBS get special consideration? … and generally feel pretty meh about the process.[/quote]

Of course shops make the best profit off complete bikes and big purchases, but buying small staff like tires also brings in a lot of revenue. esp stuff like tubes, where the mark-up is like 500% or whatever.

Regardless, I like to support local business whenever possible.[/quote]

This isnt necessarily true. Most shops make their bread and butter off of repairs and parts. Markup on bikes is less than you would think. Take a 1500 dollar bike for instance, a shop makes the same profit off of selling about 160 tubes, truing 20 wheels, or doing 10 tune ups.

No need for cheap tires - GP4000s on Bonktown right for for $17.99 each.