China Carbon

Ya, getting bucked off is more a function of rebound damping I think.

I think adding a bunch of bands to the shock would help it a lot. In the end I haven’t ridden enough frames to figure out how these kinematic curves translate to the trail.

eureka!

2 Likes

is that from one of your polish novels?

2 Likes

found one for @frank_doktor

3 Likes

Aww, matching bikes (sorta).
Wonder how it pedals. No geo chart, but 19 aint gonna cut it either way.

I am STRONGLY tempted to purchase this

1 Like

hylix has been selling carbon forks on ebay/aliexpress for as long as I can remember.

1 Like

that looks pretty legit minus lacking rack mounts.

has rack mounts

Hylix was the only vendor I could find that sold the wacky-sized fork for the SuperSix HiMod.

but no front crown hole

I think those are the fender mounts. It has a crown hole on the rear so you could snake an adapter to the front but you are going to have a mediocre time I think.

I thought the silver thing at the dropout was an inner fender mount, but now that I think about it, it’s more likely for securing the thru-axle threads on that side.

yeah there wouldn’t be room that close to the disc on the other side to mount a fender.

Still might fux with it, to have a $120 carbon straight steerer frok tho.

Are there any good choices for road-length (367?) forks that have fender/rack mounts?

found this, they also have a clone of the ergon chair pole

Any idea why the Ergon CF3 chair pole isn’t available in the US? All my attempts to find one turn up knockoffs.

1 Like

I get jazzed about those knockoffs every time I see them and then read the reviews and see broken crabon and then :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m considering a china carbon frame and found a few. Any thoughts on these? Of course, the decals are universally ugly so I’d see if I could get one without.

Orange/White/Grey stripe

Solid green

Solid black